ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Form - Checklist

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rachsach

MN1 Form - Checklist

Post by rachsach » Sat May 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm in a process of sending MN1 form to register my son as British Citizen as we have now given ILR. My son was born before we have been given ILR. We didn't include him in our ILR application as I believe we can register him directly as British Citizen under section 1(3) (please correct me if I am wrong).

Also, I think secion 3 and 4 of MN1 doen't relate to my son application, can I cross those sections out or just leave them blank?

Here are the list of documents that I am enclosing with his MN1 form:

1) MN1 form
2) Two photographs
3) Payment details form
4) Son brith certificate
5) Marriage Certificate
6) Our original passorts and BRP cards.

Is there anything else I need to enclose with his application?

Please advise.

Thanks
Romi

boloney

Re: MN1 Form - Checklist

Post by boloney » Sat May 25, 2013 4:17 pm

Was he born in the UK? If so one ILR will be enough.

rachsach

Post by rachsach » Sat May 25, 2013 4:30 pm

boloney wrote:Was he born in the UK? If so one ILR will be enough.
Yes he was born in the UK.

What do you mean when you say one ILR is enough? We both (me and mrs) have been given ILR as stated in my initial post.

Please can you leave it for experienced/senior member to answer my queries.

Thanks
Romi

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat May 25, 2013 4:46 pm

rachsach wrote:Hi Guys,

I'm in a process of sending MN1 form to register my son as British Citizen as we have now given ILR. My son was born before we have been given ILR. We didn't include him in our ILR application as I believe we can register him directly as British Citizen under section 1(3) (please correct me if I am wrong).

Also, I think secion 3 and 4 of MN1 doen't relate to my son application, can I cross those sections out or just leave them blank?

1) MN1 form
2) Two photographs
3) Payment details form
4) Son brith certificate
5) Marriage Certificate

Please advise.

Thanks
Romi
If something is not applicable you can write N/A through the page or just leave it blank. For documents required see here
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rachsach

Post by rachsach » Sat May 25, 2013 5:18 pm

D4109125 wrote:
rachsach wrote:Hi Guys,

1) MN1 form
2) Two photographs
3) Payment details form
4) Son brith certificate
5) Marriage Certificate

Please advise.

Thanks
Romi
If something is not applicable you can write N/A through the page or just leave it blank. For documents required see here
Thanks Amber

boloney

Post by boloney » Sat May 25, 2013 5:59 pm

rachsach wrote:

What do you mean when you say one ILR is enough? We both (me and mrs) have been given ILR as stated in my initial post.

Thanks
Romi
Of course I can leave it for experienced/senior members, heh
You should put it in title that you only wish to have comments from experienced/senior members, lol

rachsach

Post by rachsach » Sat May 25, 2013 6:15 pm

boloney wrote:
rachsach wrote:

Thanks
Romi
Of course I can leave it for experienced/senior members, heh
You should put it in title that you only wish to have comments from experienced/senior members, lol
Don't take my comment personally but did you read my initial post in full and why did you say ILR is enough in your one liner? Seems you didn't know what you are talking about and that is why I asked to leave it down for someone experienced to answer.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat May 25, 2013 8:07 pm

@rachsach: Actually its you who doesn't know what you are talking about.

baloney is correct to say that only one ILR is required. If a child is born in UK, then that child can be registered as a British Citizen when either of the parents gains ILR.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat May 25, 2013 8:11 pm

Have you read the FAQ before posting?

Could have saved you this post. See Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - children.

boloney

Post by boloney » Sat May 25, 2013 9:23 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:@rachsach: Actually its you who doesn't know what you are talking about.

baloney is correct to say that only one ILR is required. If a child is born in UK, then that child can be registered as a British Citizen when either of the parents gains ILR.
can't see the point making it clear for him. Just leave it as it is mate :)

rachsach

Post by rachsach » Sun May 26, 2013 7:44 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:@rachsach: Actually its you who doesn't know what you are talking about.

@ Ayyubi: I know if one parent get the ILR they are eligible to register thier child as British citizen and this is evident from my initial post. No where in my post I stated that I am confused or need more information whether my son is eligible to register or not. You and baloney assumed that I didn't know this. So, before poking your nose into something read post carefully and do not assume.

All I needed was answers relating to section 3 and 4 of MN1 form and documents requiement - which was answered by D4109123.