ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR new 180 day rule

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

immirams

ILR new 180 day rule

Post by immirams » Tue May 28, 2013 10:24 am

This is an extract from Homeoffice website

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

"No more than 180 whole days absence are allowed in any of the five, two, three or four consecutive 12 month periods, preceding the date of the application for indefinite leave to remain (ILR)"

Does that mean I can not stay more than 180 days in any given year or is it for the whole qualifying period?!

It took me two hours (from my passport stamps) to calculate the days I was outside UK during that period (the longest I have been out was 19 days and most of my trips were weekend trips to the continent). That proves my home has always been the UK. I have also read that as long as you don't exceed your annual leave during your employment that 180days rule doesn't apply, how true is it?!!

How stringent are they checking the stamps and calculating. I have few stamps in my old passport. Do I need to send both passports along with the application?!!

Appreciate your help

Thanks

syed_ILR

Re: ILR new 180 day rule

Post by syed_ILR » Tue May 28, 2013 1:13 pm

immirams wrote:This is an extract from Homeoffice website

"No more than 180 whole days absence are allowed in any of the five, two, three or four consecutive 12 month periods, preceding the date of the application for indefinite leave to remain (ILR)"

Does that mean I can not stay more than 180 days in any given year or is it for the whole qualifying period?!

It took me two hours (from my passport stamps) to calculate the days I was outside UK during that period (the longest I have been out was 19 days and most of my trips were weekend trips to the continent). That proves my home has always been the UK. I have also read that as long as you don't exceed your annual leave during your employment that 180days rule doesn't apply, how true is it?!!

How stringent are they checking the stamps and calculating. I have few stamps in my old passport. Do I need to send both passports along with the application?!!

Appreciate your help

Thanks
search on this forum please...there are hundreds of threads for the same topic mate.

immirams

Post by immirams » Tue May 28, 2013 2:50 pm

I am sorry, but can't find anywhere about my specific questions. Every one is worried about 180days in qualifying period.
syed_ILR wrote:

Appreciate your help

Thanks
search on this forum please...there are hundreds of threads for the same topic mate.

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Tue May 28, 2013 3:05 pm

Read page 19 of the doc u have in ur mail

immirams

Post by immirams » Tue May 28, 2013 4:02 pm

I see you are one of those smart people...I have read it and that's exactly my question (refer to the extract) (I am not as smart as you are agreed). And what about the rest of the questions?!!
syed_ILR wrote:Read page 19 of the doc u have in ur mail

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Tue May 28, 2013 4:14 pm

Yes it means what it says that you not stay more than 180 days in any given year during the qualifying period.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Tue May 28, 2013 4:16 pm

Well you have to take/send both of your passports that are in use during the qualifying period. I remember, when the list of absences along with proof was given to case worker and told him that every single entry/exit is listed. The case worker nodded her head and said,"We will check every stamp personally".

I still think the list of leaves with page number for entry exit will help the caseworker a bit to check the absences with your provided list. I suppose this will answer your question.

Appreciate your help

Thanks
The question is... to be or not to be....

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:16 pm

Appreciate your help

Thanks
regarding your 180 day rule query:

it's 180 days for every 12 consecutive months preceding your application date. Note that 'the five, two, three or four' refers to the 'set of 12 months'. In other words: Five 12 month periods, two 12 month periods, etc. Since the ILR qualifying period is different for different applicants, some qualify for 5 year and some for 2 year and some 3 year, etc. For tier 1 applicants, it's 5 years (i.e five consecutive 12 month periods)

hope that helps.

immirams

Post by immirams » Tue May 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Thanks all for your feedback...appreciate your time answering..Now I can go on a holiday without worrying 180day rule :-)
newbie_2013 wrote:

Appreciate your help

Thanks

it's 180 days for every 12 consecutive months preceding your application date. Note that 'the five, two, three or four' refers to the 'set of 12 months'. In other words: Five 12 month periods, two 12 month periods, etc. Since the ILR qualifying period is different for different applicants, some qualify for 5 year and some for 2 year and some 3 year, etc. For tier 1 applicants, it's 5 years (i.e five consecutive 12 month periods)

hope that helps.
:D :D

immirams

Post by immirams » Tue May 28, 2013 5:22 pm

newbie_2013 wrote:

Appreciate your help

Thanks

hope that helps.
A quick one, does this rule apply to people who arrived from 6th of April or for people who are to apply for ILR irrespective of when they have arrived - thanks

vijaybhaiuna
Newly Registered

Post by vijaybhaiuna » Tue May 28, 2013 5:39 pm

A quick one, does this rule apply to people who arrived from 6th of April or for people who are to apply for ILR irrespective of when they have arrived - thanks[/quote]

This rule is ILR requirement, what is 6th April here? What year are you referring to? 2013 ?

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:58 pm

immirams wrote:
newbie_2013 wrote:

Appreciate your help

Thanks

hope that helps.
A quick one, does this rule apply to people who arrived from 6th of April or for people who are to apply for ILR irrespective of when they have arrived - thanks
Well the 6th April doesnt matter. As far as I know you need to fullfill the rules of the ILR that are in place at the time of your application.

kumarsh
Newly Registered

ILR new 180 day rule/ 180 Days Continues Break.

Post by kumarsh » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi Guys..

Thanks for reading my quote.
I am on Tier 1 HSMP visa. I traveled out of UK as under.

My Visa from Aug 2009 to Dec 2014.
21/02/2010 09/04/2010 47 days
05/02/2011 23/03/2011 47 Days
05/06/2011 24/07/2011 50 days
01/03/2013 20/05/2013 81 Days

I am working with Govt. Sector and most of the Holidays we are getting back when employer converting OT in to Leave.
Now My problem is I stay around 225 days out of UK, which is 45days more then 180 days.
I got most of the Holiday was paid and I also can submit Payslips for That.

But In last Year Just One week I my father was not feeling well and they were coming with me so I stayed 10 days on Special Leave (Without Pay)

So I am applying now for ILR so could anyone Guide me that If I can provide Doctor Certificate for that will it be Valid? Or Which Other way Shall I go?

Please Guide me ASAP... Appreciate all your Answers.

Thanks.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: ILR new 180 day rule/ 180 Days Continues Break.

Post by physicskate » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:42 am

kumarsh wrote:Hi Guys..

I am working with Govt. Sector and most of the Holidays we are getting back when employer converting OT in to Leave.
Now My problem is I stay around 225 days out of UK, which is 45days more then 180 days.

But In last Year Just One week I my father was not feeling well and they were coming with me so I stayed 10 days on Special Leave (Without Pay)

So I am applying now for ILR so could anyone Guide me that If I can provide Doctor Certificate for that will it be Valid? Or Which Other way Shall I go?

Thanks.
You've done it yourself: are any of your absences in a single 12 month period OVER 180 days?

Re-read through the rules quoted earlier in this thread...

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:08 am

[quote="kumarsh"]Hi Guys..

where in the table have u mentioned 225 days?? you are confusing me by given the break up of holidays and not mentioning the 225 days gap!

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 am

Do you satisfy this?

kumarsh
Newly Registered

Post by kumarsh » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Dear Syed

Thanks for reply. I had mentioned total 5 years of break up. if we total its 225 days in 5 years period. As I have information and advice from someone who said me that 'You can't go more then 180 days in 5 years' but as you mentioned 180 days for each year?

Bit Confused..

Reply Please.

syed_ILR wrote:

where in the table have u mentioned 225 days?? you are confusing me by given the break up of holidays and not mentioning the 225 days gap!

kumarsh
Newly Registered

Post by kumarsh » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:26 pm

Hi Physicskate

Thanks for reply..

So it is not 180 days in entire 5 year period?
As I had informed by some one who adviced me that you must not go 180 days out of UK in entire 5 years, they are not counting 1 year period.

Reply please.

Thanks.
physicskate wrote:

Thanks.
You've done it yourself: are any of your absences in a single 12 month period OVER 180 days?

Re-read through the rules quoted earlier in this thread...