ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refused flr(o) private life

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Believe2013
Member of Standing

refused flr(o) private life

Post by Believe2013 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi basically my ordeal lasted just under 2 months and got refused. My counsel have sent a PAP and given the HO 14 days to review the case or its see you in court. Goodluck to those of you waiting. I think its a case of LIFO (last in first out) in terms of processing applications. Decisions are being rushed and refusal letters are seriously erroneous, a case of cut an paste gone wrong. they got my nationality wrong in the body of the letter even though in the subject title they got it right. The quality of service is atrocious. I had lost hope only waiting for 2 months, I can imagine those of you that have waited a year and a bit, I am sorry and hope a favourable decision comes your way. Cases are not being considered on individual merits and the refusals are both speculative and illogical. Remember they enforce the law (perhaps a case of misapplication of the law I should say) but do not make the law so thank God for that. You will prevail.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:26 pm

Could you possibly share your full immigration story? Just so others could benefit from the information.

east579new

Re: refused flr(o) private life

Post by east579new » Wed May 29, 2013 9:51 am

Believe2013 wrote:Hi basically my ordeal lasted just under 2 months and got refused. My counsel have sent a PAP and given the HO 14 days to review the case or its see you in court. Goodluck to those of you waiting. I think its a case of LIFO (last in first out) in terms of processing applications. Decisions are being rushed and refusal letters are seriously erroneous, a case of cut an paste gone wrong. they got my nationality wrong in the body of the letter even though in the subject title they got it right. The quality of service is atrocious. I had lost hope only waiting for 2 months, I can imagine those of you that have waited a year and a bit, I am sorry and hope a favourable decision comes your way. Cases are not being considered on individual merits and the refusals are both speculative and illogical. Remember they enforce the law (perhaps a case of misapplication of the law I should say) but do not make the law so thank God for that. You will prevail.
Its funny you should mention the time scale my partner has just had there FLR(o) application refused and the time scale was the same two months or so, handed in mid march and refused mid may.

cookies

Post by cookies » Wed May 29, 2013 11:21 am

Believe2013 wrote:Hi basically my ordeal lasted just under 2 months and got refused. My counsel have sent a PAP and given the HO 14 days to review the case or its see you in court. Goodluck to those of you waiting. I think its a case of LIFO (last in first out) in terms of processing applications. Decisions are being rushed and refusal letters are seriously erroneous, a case of cut an paste gone wrong. they got my nationality wrong in the body of the letter even though in the subject title they got it right. The quality of service is atrocious. I had lost hope only waiting for 2 months, I can imagine those of you that have waited a year and a bit, I am sorry and hope a favourable decision comes your way. Cases are not being considered on individual merits and the refusals are both speculative and illogical. Remember they enforce the law (perhaps a case of misapplication of the law I should say) but do not make the law so thank God for that. You will prevail.
Believe and East: so sorry about your refusal, can you please share your stories and situations and on what grounds you were refused?
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

east579new

Post by east579new » Wed May 29, 2013 12:08 pm

cookies wrote:
Believe and East: so sorry about your refusal, can you please share your stories and situations and on what grounds you were refused?
My story is explained on this thread page 2 i believe cookie.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=122482

cookies

Post by cookies » Wed May 29, 2013 12:40 pm

east579new wrote:
cookies wrote:
My story is explained on this thread page 2 i believe cookie.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=122482
OMG! SHOCKING! What section did you use on the FLR(O) application? Did you apply under section 8L "other reasons"? And did you get your refusal letter stating the grounds yet?
FLR(FP) Extension
Biometrics August 2021

cookies

Post by cookies » Wed May 29, 2013 1:33 pm

east579 wrote:
Wiggsy thanks for the reply i will try and answer a few questions to give you a clearer picture and we will take it from there.

1.I am on the birth certificate and my son is a British citizen and nearly 5 months old.

2.i have been dealing with a clac (community legal advice center) and the case worker assured me this was the right form to use (there opinion of course) .

3.My partner is from Brazil and she has been in the UK since 2007 as a student and the visa ran out 2010

3.We have been together since February 2011.

4.I am currently unemployed was made redundant.

5.I asked the case worker about Zambrano but she said FLR(O) would be the better option for now.

6.I am currently trying to find work (easier said than done in todays climate) my jsa, ctc and cb are the only income we have if we are separated my child and partner will have nothing if she gets sent to Brazil she has nowhere to go.

7.UKBA already have biometrics from when she was a student.

East: I can see just by reading this why your application was probably refused. You are on Job seekers allowance, and child benefits... you are unemployed, (or were at the time of application - if you are working now - did you send in your new employment details and contract?) When I had my interview and meeting with my solicitor the FIRST thing he asked us (me and my partner) was if we were claiming any benefits - it seems to weigh a lot when on applications, I know that having a British child should be the FIRST thing they look at and consider but it says in case law that it will not be the only thing they consider and that if other things outweigh the fact that you have a child (e.g.: claim benefits) like protecting the best interests of Brit society and the economy etc etc blah blah, I don't know the exact wording but in simple terms, they frown upon applicants that are directly or indirectly claiming some sort of benefits. If you are employed now and no longer on any sort of benefits you now have a strong case and you should definitely ask for a reconsideration and/or appeal, your baby is a British citizen and should NOT be separated from his/her mother especially now that he/she is so young (5 months?) and also should not be expected to leave the country as your baby has rights here and of course will be receiving regular shots/jabs the first 3 years of life, your baby is a British citizen and will NOT have the same rights in Brazil. You should argue all this and get yourself a REAL solicitor.
Hope this helps and also I would just like to state that this is my personal opinion and this is based on my personal experience and what my solicitor has talked me through as I have also applied on FLR(0), I also have a 2.5 year old daughter and a British partner. You will win your appeal! Stay strong and again PLEASE try and get a real solicitor to defend your case!
FLR(FP) Extension
Biometrics August 2021

sangeetharaman89

Post by sangeetharaman89 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:13 pm

Hi all,

I have read all your conversations and I have some query I desperately need some help. I came to uk in 2010 as a student My husband(was my boyfriend) came before me since we had problems when we were in india. We both are from same country same state. I finished my course and got my PSW ..he was not able to finish his course..however we would not be able to go back since he is muslim and i am hindu. We decided to get married here and got married in 2012 june. We both lived together here in our PSW(He is my dependant now). My visa is gona expire by march. WE are really stuck..my parents already looking for a boy for me in india.We cant live together if we go back definitely we have to get seperated which we cannot do. I have heard about this FLRO option..Do you guys think we will be able to do this ?? If so please suggest any good solicitor..We both will be very grateful to all your reply..

Thank you so much,
sangeetha

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:41 am

sangeetharaman89 wrote:Hi all,

I have read all your conversations and I have some query I desperately need some help. I came to uk in 2010 as a student My husband(was my boyfriend) came before me since we had problems when we were in india. We both are from same country same state. I finished my course and got my PSW ..he was not able to finish his course..however we would not be able to go back since he is muslim and i am hindu. We decided to get married here and got married in 2012 june. We both lived together here in our PSW(He is my dependant now). My visa is gona expire by march. WE are really stuck..my parents already looking for a boy for me in india.We cant live together if we go back definitely we have to get seperated which we cannot do. I have heard about this FLRO option..Do you guys think we will be able to do this ?? If so please suggest any good solicitor..We both will be very grateful to all your reply..

Thank you so much,
sangeetha
So you feel the UK should accommodate you outside the rules because of cultural issues back home? India is a big country, surely you can find somewhere to live there away from parental pressure?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sangeetharaman89

Post by sangeetharaman89 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:19 pm

ofcourse I can find some place but my parents or my relatives and people around can easily chase us and disrupt our private life ..nobody have any immigrational barriers within the country..my parents and his parents are emotionally blackmailing us..I am in a decent job and my husband too..we are paying our taxes properly..not relying on any benefits and then what?? we not expecting The UK to accomodate us outside the rules