ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ukforever
Member of Standing

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by ukforever » Tue May 28, 2013 11:28 pm

HI GUYS,
I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE BEST TO OPEN A NEW THREAD REGARDING QUESTIONS DURING NATURALIZATION APPLICATION PROCESS,SOME MEMBERS LEAVES QUESTIONS IN THE OTHER THREAD * Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)* AND I THINK THAT MOST HERE AGREES THAT ITS BEST TO POST QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD RATHER THAN THE LATER,BECAUSE ITS FOR APPLICATIONS PROCESSING TIMELINES ONLY.
SO IF THERE IS QUESTIONS RELATED OR REGARDING DURING THE PROCESS OF AN APPLICATION FOR BC,PLEASE POST IT HERE.

IT WILL BE NICE IF ONE OF THE MODERATORS PIN THIS THREAD AS STICKY SO PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS FIND IT ON THE TOP OF THE PAGE OF THREADS AS THE OTHER STICKY ONES...THANKS.
UK------++++-------****

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed May 29, 2013 12:05 am

I think this sticky can serve the same purpose - General discussion after BC and Passport application

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Wed May 29, 2013 12:41 am

Jambo wrote:I think this sticky can serve the same purpose - General discussion after BC and Passport application
thanks jambo for the comment,but people tend to post questions in the timelines thread not in the general discussion AFTER bc and passport application,people ask questions DURING application process not after getting the citizenship..i noticed many people asking for a thread like the one i just suggested/opened..if u go to the citizenship timelines people keep posting question and discussing issues during the process of some application still pending or under process and believe me,its confusing sometimes when u look just to read for timelines ONLY,so i thought it could be a good idea to open a thread specially for those kind of questions...lets face it,most don't post their queries in the thread "discussion after BC and passport" because its not relevant to their questions and they keep posting in the timelines ONLY thread which is ONLY for timelines of successful application and not for asking questions regarding the process/issues of citizenship applications.
I don't know if it makes sense to anybody but it would make threads organized , easy to read and not confusing.
Last edited by ukforever on Wed May 29, 2013 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
UK------++++-------****

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Wed May 29, 2013 1:09 am

In this thread"Naturalisation application processing timelines (only) :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=1720

As u can see most of the page is just comments(page87) and most of them are very long comments that don't serve the purpose of the thread.

And as one of the guru's mentioned and other comments:
D4109125 wrote:This thread is for timelines only if you wish to argue with each other use the Private Messaging facility.
legalalien wrote:Guys it's all interesting debate but can we move this to a dedicated thread, after all this thread is for timelines only
teawithlemon wrote:
Samuel72 wrote:What happens if I request my documents after 6 months with being told of the outcome , will it affect my application.
You are asking same question again ! This is only for timeline, post your message on appropriate section, thank you.
UK------++++-------****

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed May 29, 2013 7:55 am

This topic tends to come back every few months.

In the past, moderators kept strict policy on posting non-timelines posts in the timeline thread. Posts were deleted and posters were put on "thin ice" (warning status) if they kept ignoring the guidelines. At some point the threads were locked for several weeks while cleaning was in progress.

The problem is that people come and go and new comers are not always familiar with the rules so this requires constant time consuming work from moderators which they don't always have the time to do.

I suggest you raise the issue in the Comments section of the forum to bring it to the attention of moderators.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Wed May 29, 2013 9:09 am

Jambo wrote:This topic tends to come back every few months.

In the past, moderators kept strict policy on posting non-timelines posts in the timeline thread. Posts were deleted and posters were put on "thin ice" (warning status) if they kept ignoring the guidelines. At some point the threads were locked for several weeks while cleaning was in progress.

The problem is that people come and go and new comers are not always familiar with the rules so this requires constant time consuming work from moderators which they don't always have the time to do.

I suggest you raise the issue in the Comments section of the forum to bring it to the attention of moderators.
ok,i see,thanks for the advice.
UK------++++-------****

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed May 29, 2013 9:15 am

Jambo wrote:The problem is that people come and go and new comers are not always familiar with the rules so this requires constant time consuming work from moderators which they don't always have the time to do.

I fully agree with Jambo especially policing is a time consuming affair (and a bit of waste of valuable time).

I did raise this couple of months ago
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=126616

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu May 30, 2013 7:25 pm

I have made this a sticky for you, but note as other point out, many people who post on timeline trackers are new. Let's see how it goes.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Fri May 31, 2013 1:16 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I have made this a sticky for you, but note as other point out, many people who post on timeline trackers are new. Let's see how it goes.
thanks,but its not really for me,its for all members of this forum,many would agree that its annoying going through a thread with plenty of comments that are irrelevant and if u are looking to check for timelines and u get pages of only comments and sometimes just some members arguing for nothing really,its not constructive debate related to that thread,so its safe to say that its better people discuss or argue here in this thread.
wouldn't u agree ;-) ..? but thanks for the thought though... :idea: 8)
UK------++++-------****

legalalien

Post by legalalien » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Its getting really frustrating, people keep commenting on the TIMELINE thread even when UKForever keeps posting that this is for TIMELINE only. I think MODs need to take a stricter approach to warning/banning people who do not follow guidelines. Also would be nice if all irrelevant messages deleted. Happy to help if you are short in numbers in terms of moderating this excellent forum

On a different note, most of the comments are from applicants awaiting for over a few weeks (as far as March at times) but getting anxious about the decision. Whilst it is understandable that the wait is difficult, the UKBA makes it very clear that their service standard is 6 months, so I think people need to be a bit patient if there are delays as extra checks may be needed (depending on circumstances).

Personally, I wont have high expectations and I will only start chasing mine if it is delayed beyond 6 months.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:04 pm

legalalien wrote:Its getting really frustrating, people keep commenting on the TIMELINE thread even when UKForever keeps posting that this is for TIMELINE only. I think MODs need to take a stricter approach to warning/banning people who do not follow guidelines. Also would be nice if all irrelevant messages deleted. Happy to help if you are short in numbers in terms of moderating this excellent forum

On a different note, most of the comments are from applicants awaiting for over a few weeks (as far as March at times) but getting anxious about the decision. Whilst it is understandable that the wait is difficult, the UKBA makes it very clear that their service standard is 6 months, so I think people need to be a bit patient if there are delays as extra checks may be needed (depending on circumstances).

Personally, I wont have high expectations and I will only start chasing mine if it is delayed beyond 6 months.
u are right,i give up,because it looked like i was writing in chinese or any other language that no one understand..!!its up to the moderators to do something about it,at the end of the day,like everybody here we want a clean thread where we can keep up reading timelines only,not just people posting random stuff,its really frustrating trying to understand the timelines when u go through a whole page of people just discussing matters regarding application or even arguing for stupid stuff,if u need to do so,please be my guest and do it here,its simple really,i don't see why would i upset/frustrate anyone in this forum if he asks me to post my questions / queries in the right section,no need for me to keep frustrating him knowing that i've read so many messages telling me not to post in the TIMELINES section,it makes u wonder that those people clearly don't speak/understand english...lets hope they get their citizenship..u know one of the requirements is to speak/understand english..!!... :) :roll:
UK------++++-------****

legalalien

Post by legalalien » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:20 am

I guess new members will take time to understand forum etiquette, but take it easy, you sound like you could get a heart attack over the issue!! its not worth it.

I have a question; does anyone know the reason UKBA ask for our email address within AN forms, they never utilise it to contact us with acknowledgement, or request further documents. I think it will be a useful tool as I have seen a case here which was rejected as they havent responded to the further document request in time....could have been avoided if communication occurred by email?

haider2026
Newly Registered

How to pay family fee - Applying on 6th June. Please help

Post by haider2026 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi

Just a quick question... I am applying for Naturalisation via NCS. It is myself, wife and two children uner 10. Please advise if i need to fill out one fee leaflet with combined fee mentioned or do it individually for all applicants?

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:57 pm

legalalien wrote:I guess new members will take time to understand forum etiquette, but take it easy, you sound like you could get a heart attack over the issue!! its not worth it.

I have a question; does anyone know the reason UKBA ask for our email address within AN forms, they never utilise it to contact us with acknowledgement, or request further documents. I think it will be a useful tool as I have seen a case here which was rejected as they havent responded to the further document request in time....could have been avoided if communication occurred by email?
lol..well,not going as far as getting a hard attack but,i get the point ;-)..its just frustrating when u keep telling people or asking them to post elsewhere and they ignore u,and do it anyway..if u go to the page in the timelines,i wrote like 4 message in the same page,telling people to post in this thread,but they kept ignoring me,u can go and check,when 2 or 3 people leave messages not relevant to the timeline i leave a reminder to post elsewhere they keep posting anyway and then i post another reminder with the link of this thread,but still,they keep ignoring me and another member who was asking the same thing,it happened like 4 time so,i just gave up..like i wasn't writing in english or they were blind and they could not see the warnings..so,i gave up..
as for your question,i think u need to wait a little bit more,someone from the gurus would be here later to respond to your question..as far as i know they don't send emails for acknowledgement and so many people did not received mail that was supposed to inform them to supply more evidence/document,like the case of this guy who got refused citizenship because they sent him a letter he did not get,asking him to supply a document so they can take a decision on his application,he did not get the letter and then he got a refusal explaining to him that he did not provided the document requested and that's why they refused him,so based on what happened he could send an application of reconsideration and pay the £80 fee and explain what happened then it might get overturned..
this is all i can say about this,wait till the evening,someone else would be here to answer the question more specifically.
UK------++++-------****

legalalien

Post by legalalien » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:00 pm

Thanks ukforever, funny I asked as I can see one case in may timeline string that they have received email acknowledgement. One for the future I guess.

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:27 pm

Hi,

We received an acknowledgement by email (by post as well, but it came a few days later), it was in March.

Funny, but I still keep reading this forum :) .

legalalien

Post by legalalien » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:27 pm

haider2026 Just a quick question... I am applying for Naturalisation via NCS. It is myself, wife and two children uner 10. Please advise if i need to fill out one fee leaflet with combined fee mentioned or do it individually for all applicants?
I think you can do it all in one transaction, NCS should be able to advice you so take a blank form with you just in case

legalalien

Post by legalalien » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:29 pm

Preacher
We received an acknowledgement by email (by post as well, but it came a few days later), it was in March.
thanks Preacher, I think its a hit and miss with the email notification, I have applied in May and only received paper notification.

Its nice of you to keep logging, and advice those of us still in the process, I will keep contributing to this community even after completion of my journey.

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:43 am

From peoples experiences, do you think the HO works in regards to Naturalisation applications in order, say for example dealing with those who have submitted in april and then move to May and so forth ???

It is understandable that it all depends on the case worker dealing with the case at the end of the day !!

appreciate your input into this statement.
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:07 am

The Other Q I have if you look at the first few pages in the Naturalisation timeline thread, people used to call the HO to get updates on their cases after one -one and a half month from application, I presume you could still do that ??

Anyone experienced that, or called the HO to have an update over the phone !!!

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:48 am

I should think that they start working on applications in the order they get them. I don't see why they wouldn't. It wouldn't really make sense for them to receive an application in March and just leave it until May. I think some people have delays because they might need some further checks on their application, or ukba might need more info, or their case worker goes on holiday, or their application gets misplaced, or a whole lot of other possible reasons. But going by timelines it seems as though they do work on applications in order of when they are received.

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:06 am

Astrid24 wrote:I should think that they start working on applications in the order they get them. I don't see why they wouldn't. It wouldn't really make sense for them to receive an application in March and just leave it until May. I think some people have delays because they might need some further checks on their application, or ukba might need more info, or their case worker goes on holiday, or their application gets misplaced, or a whole lot of other possible reasons. But going by timelines it seems as though they do work on applications in order of when they are received.
I thought that as well...I'll keep my fingers crossed this week
Applied 25th April
Acknowledgment 07th May

Hope will receive something this week
No Fines or speding tickets, applied on basis of ILR and married to BC

AJ1
Newly Registered

Driving offence

Post by AJ1 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi Folks
i have applied for BC 5 years residence + 1 ILR on April the 4th and money debited on 15/04, I haven't heard anything from them yet, I just realised that i made error on the application, back in the October 2007 i was convicted driving offences and went to court and fined me, i did mention it on the form but missed out the civil penalty part and ticked NO.. will i get refusal for not mention it, what shall i do now, could i contact them by email to explain.
please advice... Thank you

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:01 pm

I thought this might be useful.

If you sent a prepaid special delivery envelope with your naturalisation application you can check the reference number of the prepaid envelope in Royal Mail 'track and trace' to see if the envelope has been posted back to you by UKBA. That way you'll know when to expect the delivery of your approval letter and you're less likely to miss it.

The only thing about doing that though, is it can get a bit frustrating if you start checking every day and see that the prepaid envelope still hasn't been posted. If it hasn't been posted it will have the message 'please come back later' when you put the reference number in the track and trace box.

legalalien

Post by legalalien » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 pm

[quote="Astrid24"] re prepaid envelope

Actually I think i have seen a few cases whereby UKBA overlooked the enclosed the prepaid envelope and posted documents and approval using standard post...so I am afraid this idea might not guarantee that you can track the app.

Also what if they use it to post a refusal...all the excitement from tracking it on Royal Mail would culminate to a big disappointment