ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa status for Child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anandh79

Visa status for Child

Post by anandh79 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:02 am

Hi,

My child is born in UK and currently in Tier 1 dependant status valid till March 2014.

Myself and my wife recently got the ILR and will be eligible for applying citizenship next april.

We are thinking of applying citizenship along with the kid next April. But her visa expires on March 2014.

Is it ok or do i need to apply her on March and then for us in the month of April.

Even though i can apply for my child rightaway, I don't want to do it since we have to travel to India and will be cheaper to apply alltogether.

Please advise.

Regards
Anandh

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:16 am

The only requirements are:

That the child was born in UK, and one of the parents gains ILR and an application is made. That's all. Nothing else is required. Child does not need to have a valid visa or a valid passport.