ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Social services seperate us

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gudgud1
Newly Registered

Social services seperate us

Post by gudgud1 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:29 pm

hi every one and thanks in advance for ur in put .

Am planing to apply for naturalisation next month as a spouce of a british citizen I got my ILR 19/03/13 but i have being in UK From April 2009 on a student visa plus the spouce visa given me a total of 4 years during this time, i never travel a single day and no creminal record against me

But this is my problem social service said my wife mental health has detorated and they think she may posh risk towards our kids as she has previous of self harm and suicide before we met and she has cal the police and threat to kill her self and the kids because they was having a little arguement with her mum when she went to visit her as a result of this police involved social servise for the safty of the kids .

Now social service ask her not live with me and the kids they even took the kids for 24 hours I have to sign an agreement that I wil not let her in and that I wil give up my Job and look after the kids until further mental health assessment is done . I took a lawyer for my wife and a lawyer for the kids the matter is currently in court they have put their evidence to the court for the judge to decide while she is given two hour contact to see the kids under my supervisor and I should not leave her for minute with the kids during her visit.The final court hearing wil be on end of October 2013

This is my question:

1. with the above situation will this affect or delay my naturalisation application?

2. Should I say we are living together as there is court pending for the Judge to decide base on the evidence the social service have put before the couret regarding her mental health and report they got from other sources regarding her self harm and attempted suicide. note we stil have every thing in joint name from Tenancy to utility bills and bank and credit card and also council tax

3. I have a formal document from social service given details of the whole situation they gave that to me as I was strugle to claim benefit as the benefit office thought that we are couple why I should make a single claim and they also thought that am still working and that I have enough to live on. my question on this should i include this with my application to give the case worker a clear picture of the situation

4. Should I say we are not living together and provide her temporary address where she is curently living at the moment ?

why am hurry when i went for my ILR we were living together and we intend to live together permanent so between two month of having this ILR SOCIAL SERVICE seperate while we stil Maried it is really rediculus as i cant fight them or do any thing to them please members answer my question and thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:43 pm

You can be separated for the naturalisation application but you if applying on the basis of Spouse of BC, you definitely still need to be married. As long as you have the marriage certificate and your wife's passport, you will be fine.

I applied as spouse of BC and was separated from my husband and my approval took 6 weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed May 29, 2013 7:55 pm

CR001 wrote:You can be separated for the naturalisation application but you if applying on the basis of Spouse of BC, you definitely still need to be married. As long as you have the marriage certificate and your wife's passport, you will be fine.

I applied as spouse of BC and was separated from my husband and my approval took 6 weeks.
The marriage certificate with the passport or birth certificate is ok.

On a personal note I am sorry to hear that your spouse if suffering mental health issues. I hope she receives treatment soon and you can return as a family unit.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

gudgud1
Newly Registered

Post by gudgud1 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:45 pm

[quote="CR001"]You can be separated for the naturalisation application but you if applying on the basis of Spouse of BC, you definitely still need to be married. As long as you have the marriage certificate and your wife's passport, you will be fine.

I applied as spouse of BC and was separated from my husband and my approval took 6 weeks.[/quote]

O thanks for that input as we seperate through social services should I put her curent address on the form or our home adress as we stil held a Tenancy agreement together plz sorry for repeating this question i just want to be on the safe side once again thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:06 pm

Even though my husband and I lived in different towns, I put my address for both of us and had no problems or queries.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gudgud1
Newly Registered

Post by gudgud1 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:16 pm

[quote="CR001"]Even though my husband and I lived in different towns, I put my address for both of us and had no problems or queries.[/quote]

Thanks for that quick reply May the Lord bless you

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu May 30, 2013 12:02 am

Amen