ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name change in Indian Passport Surrender Certificate???

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Faizuks
Newly Registered

Name change in Indian Passport Surrender Certificate???

Post by Faizuks » Wed May 29, 2013 8:52 pm

Hello Every One!

I am not sure this is the right place to ask this question..

I am attending Naturalisation Ceremony on 9th July 2013 in UK. I want to change my name with Deed Poll when I attend the ceremony.

After that I have to surrender my Indian passport. I am hoping to get name changed in Naturalisation certificate without any problem.

If I submit my Deed Poll with naturalisation certificate, Will i get name changed in Surrender certificate and OCI card?

Do I have to do any thing else for this to be done?

I really appreciate your thoughts on this..

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu May 30, 2013 12:16 am

You cannot change your name when you attend ceremony. On the day of ceremony, the only thing that can take place is a ceremony. The day of ceremony is not a venue to do other legal procedures. If you tell the council on ceremony day that you have changed your name, then most likely they will cancel your ceremony and ask you to contact UKBA to inform them of your name change.

After the ceremony (in your current name), you can change your name with deed poll and obtain passport in new name.

You could produce your deed poll while surrendering Indian passport etc. To enquire what exactly do Indian authorities require for change of name, please consult High commission of India website.

Faizuks
Newly Registered

Post by Faizuks » Thu May 30, 2013 8:27 am

Thank you for your reply.

Do you think Is it good idea to send deed poll to home office now and let them make changes before the ceremony as I am attending the ceremony on 9th july..

Is it that enough time to make changes?

As per your suggestion, better to change it after the ceremony, How do I do that? Can I do that in council? or home office?

Ayyubi72 wrote:You cannot change your name when you attend ceremony. On the day of ceremony, the only thing that can take place is a ceremony. The day of ceremony is not a venue to do other legal procedures. If you tell the council on ceremony day that you have changed your name, then most likely they will cancel your ceremony and ask you to contact UKBA to inform them of your name change.

After the ceremony (in your current name), you can change your name with deed poll and obtain passport in new name.

You could produce your deed poll while surrendering Indian passport etc. To enquire what exactly do Indian authorities require for change of name, please consult High commission of India website.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:47 am

Right, one second mate. Don't you think you should have sorted all this out before sending your application? You have already been approved, so if you change your name now, your ceremony won't take place until UKBA issues you will a new approval in new name. Could take few weeks, or few months. You wont be able to rush anything.

The other option is, after your ceremony, go to a solicitor and tell him you want to change your name with deed poll. He will tell you what to do.

Faizuks
Newly Registered

Post by Faizuks » Thu May 30, 2013 9:50 am

Thank you my friend,, I will do that..
My concern was, When I apply for OCI card, Do they accept?
Here, every thing is much easier and straight forward,,But in India, not that easy..
Ayyubi72 wrote:Right, one second mate. Don't you think you should have sorted all this out before sending your application? You have already been approved, so if you change your name now, your ceremony won't take place until UKBA issues you will a new approval in new name. Could take few weeks, or few months. You wont be able to rush anything.

The other option is, after your ceremony, go to a solicitor and tell him you want to change your name with deed poll. He will tell you what to do.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:18 am

Mera Bharat Mahaan (NOT) :shock: :? :x :!:

Check out High commission of India Website. ( I think I said that before).

Faizuks
Newly Registered

Post by Faizuks » Thu May 30, 2013 11:35 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:Mera Bharat Mahaan (NOT) :shock: :? :x :!:

Check out High commission of India Website. ( I think I said that before).
I spoke to the local Registrar few minutes ago.. She has suggested to change my name only in British Passport..

I have emailed Indian Embassy just now.. I am waiting to hear from them.. hope fully I will get response from them..

I will post the update here.. this can be useful for some one one else..

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:52 am

I dont think there is any need to email HCI. Whatever you are asking is already mentioned on their website.

What you need is, a deed poll. As you already know, and everyone knows, and I have said it a few times, I mean the dead poll is the thing which you need. Deed poll. Go see a solicitor after your ceremony, and get the deed poll. Deed poll is the thing you need. You need a deed poll.

If you want to enquire further, then I can confirm, you will need a deed poll. Its like magic thing, the deed poll.

After your ceremoney, go see a solicitor and get a deed poll.

You are trying to book an MOT of a car, but you have not even bought a car yet. Go to ceremony, then go and see a solicitor. Once you do the deed poll, your are sorted. You just show this deed poll, and people will know you have changed your name. Deed poll.