ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport - Referee cross check

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ukcitizen13

Post by ukcitizen13 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:59 pm

Hello All,

Need information, do IPS write to Passport referee for cross checking the reference ? if yes how they do ..

My referee will be away for 3 weeks but will be available over email so I am worried as this should not delay my application if they try to reach by post.

Any past experience....please share

legalalien

Post by legalalien » Thu May 30, 2013 7:14 am

I am not sure how they contact the ref. I think it is by phone.
However referees are not routinely contacted.

(6.7.3 We would not routinely contact referees, but may do so on the authority of a senior caseworker if this could resolve any concerns about the application.) http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

ukcitizen13

Post by ukcitizen13 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:16 am

Thanks legalalien.

They did cross checked the referee in case of my Kid's passport application and I heard they do more in case of kids as there is no interview process and it was via post.

But not sure about Adult applications.

boloney

Re: British Passport - Referee cross check

Post by boloney » Thu May 30, 2013 9:35 am

ukcitizen13 wrote:Thanks legalalien.

They did cross checked the referee in case of my Kid's passport application and I heard they do more in case of kids as there is no interview process and it was via post.

They were in touch with my sons countersignee as he did't provide passport number on the form. They done so by post.

cricinfo

Re: British Passport - Referee cross check

Post by cricinfo » Thu May 30, 2013 11:20 am

boloney wrote:
ukcitizen13 wrote:Thanks legalalien.

They were in touch with my sons countersignee as he did't provide passport number on the form. They done so by post.
They contacted my referee by post and asked him to provide all information on his official letter pad.