ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 ROR processing time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rodrimarto

EEA2 ROR processing time

Post by rodrimarto » Thu May 30, 2013 12:17 pm

Hello guys,

Just wondering if anybody knows what is the average processing time for EEA2 ROR application.

Many thanks,

yemco
Nigeria

Re: EEA2 ROR processing time

Post by yemco » Fri May 31, 2013 10:00 am

rodrimarto wrote:Hello guys,

Just wondering if anybody knows what is the average processing time for EEA2 ROR application.

Many thanks,
Mine took nine weeks (2 months)
Application sent 27th march 2013
Received 28th march 2013
Coa received April 17th
RC received 31 may 2013.

rodrimarto

Post by rodrimarto » Fri May 31, 2013 10:29 am

yemco wrote:

Many thanks,
Received 28th march 2013
Coa received April 17th
RC received 31 may 2013.

Thanks Yemco.

rodrimarto

Post by rodrimarto » Fri May 31, 2013 10:32 am

rodrimarto wrote:
yemco wrote:

Many thanks,
Received 28th march 2013
Coa received April 17th
RC received 31 may 2013.

Thanks Yemco.

It seems like when ROR applications are straigth forward they are resolved fairly quickly. Should I be concerned by the fact that they have sent me a COA that doesn't confirm my right to work although my RC is still valid?

CAPTAIN
Newly Registered

Post by CAPTAIN » Fri May 31, 2013 10:33 am

yemco wrote:

Many thanks,
Received 28th march 2013
Coa received April 17th
RC received 31 may 2013.
Mine took about 4 months, RC recieved and then covering letter starting retained right of residence

yemco
Nigeria

Post by yemco » Fri May 31, 2013 10:36 am

rodrimarto wrote:
rodrimarto wrote:
yemco wrote:

Many thanks,
Received 28th march 2013
Coa received April 17th
RC received 31 may 2013.

Thanks Yemco.
You need not to worry bout the COA,the letter that was sent with my new RC still indicates family member of EEA national.which I believe it a generic letter.

It seems like when ROR applications are straigth forward they are resolved fairly quickly. Should I be concerned by the fact that they have sent me a COA that doesn't confirm my right to work although my RC is still valid?

yemco
Nigeria

Post by yemco » Fri May 31, 2013 10:38 am

CAPTAIN wrote:
yemco wrote:

Many thanks,
Received 28th march 2013
Coa received April 17th
RC received 31 may 2013.
Mine took about 4 months, RC recieved and then covering letter starting retained right of residence
They sent me same old letter as family member of EEA national.should I be worried?

rodrimarto

Post by rodrimarto » Fri May 31, 2013 11:24 am

yemco wrote:
CAPTAIN wrote:
yemco wrote:

Many thanks,
Received 28th march 2013
Coa received April 17th
RC received 31 may 2013.
They sent me same old letter as family member of EEA national.should I be worried?
You should ask them to send you the correct covering letter. I heard that when travelling immigration officer not familiar with EU regulation can be funny.

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Fri May 31, 2013 9:27 pm

Under EU law, you'll still retained the right of a family member and you are treated as such. The only difference is you will no longer depend on your ex.

rodrimarto

Post by rodrimarto » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:04 pm

yemco wrote:

Many thanks,
Received 28th march 2013
Coa received April 17th
RC received 31 may 2013.
Hi Yemco,

Did your COA gave you right to work? I am just wondering on which basis they confirm right to work or don't.

Thanks,

yemco
Nigeria

Post by yemco » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:39 pm

@rodrimarto the COA issued to me gave me rights to work,moreover am not bothered if it didnt give me.as am already working more than four yrs with my company.

rodrimarto

Post by rodrimarto » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:43 pm

yemco wrote:@rodrimarto the COA issued to me gave me rights to work,moreover am not bothered if it didnt give me.as am already working more than four yrs with my company.
Thanks Yemco I guess this depend on the admin person who is sending the COA.

Best

yemco
Nigeria

Post by yemco » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:52 pm

Today I received the right covering letter from UKBA after writing a complain letter to the caseworker that signed the wrong one they issued with my ROR application.they sent it with an apology letter,it took them less than one week to issue a new covering letter.thanks everyone for your advise.

rodrimarto

Post by rodrimarto » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:00 am

yemco wrote:Today I received the right covering letter from UKBA after writing a complain letter to the caseworker that signed the wrong one they issued with my ROR application.they sent it with an apology letter,it took them less than one week to issue a new covering letter.thanks everyone for your advise.
That is great Yemco well done.
Would you mind telling us what docs you have submited with you application?

Thanks,

bubu12

Post by bubu12 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:46 pm

Update I ring ukba today I was told a packag has been sent to my solicitor on 30/05/13 and they can't give me the tracking numb I should ring my solicitor,after speaking with my solicitor but she didn't Resiv Anything yet, so what do u guys think and what do I have to do now

yemco
Nigeria

Post by yemco » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:00 pm

rodrimarto wrote:
yemco wrote:Today I received the right covering letter from UKBA after writing a complain letter to the caseworker that signed the wrong one they issued with my ROR application.they sent it with an apology letter,it took them less than one week to issue a new covering letter.thanks everyone for your advise.

Thanks
I submitted various documents of my ex treaty rights for the last four years of our marriage,like 3 yrs p60 and tenancy agreement,letter from her employer different bills on our name,my current payslips after decree absolute,my passport.

adctrl
Newly Registered

Got my ROR

Post by adctrl » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:42 am

I have to use this opportunity to thank all the contributors on this platform because even though this is my first post, I do come on this site occasionally when I need any clarification and I have never been disappointed.

I think it's good idea to post this to encourage those that are still awaiting their RC.

Like Yemco's post above, my timeline which took roughly 7 weeks is as follows:

Application sent 23th April 2013
Received 24th April 2013
COA received April 29th
RC (ROR) received 12th June 2013

....All thanks to God Almighty!
Last edited by adctrl on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

adctrl
Newly Registered

update

Post by adctrl » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:53 am

Another thing I was curious to find out was about the covering letter that came with my passport

There are 2 letters:

The first one I saw is like the one that was first issued when I got my residence card after we got married some 4 years ago.

The second letter which I later saw inside the envelope states that I am not dependent on my ex-wife any more.....since we are divorced.

I hope this clarifies any questions on this

Cheers

Ricardo

Re: update

Post by Ricardo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:17 pm

adctrl wrote:Another thing I was curious to find out was about the covering letter that came with my passport

There are 2 letters:

The first one I saw is like the one that was first issued when I got my residence card after we got married some 4 years ago.

The second letter which I later saw inside the envelope states that I am not dependent on my ex-wife any more.....since we are divorced.

I hope this clarifies any questions on this

Yes, but the letter isn't relevant anyway.

Cheers

adctrl
Newly Registered

Post by adctrl » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:53 pm

I got a mail from a member of the forum asking about the documents I submitted.

The docs are:
A copy of my ex-wifes letter of employment & last pay slip
A copy of my letter of employment & last pay slip
The divorce cert
My ex credit card bill
My credit card bill
My ex phone bill
Only my passport and 2 passport photo

I think it helped that I could get all these because she was ready to provide them and I also think that it helped that we are both in employments which was ok.

I would think other scenarios like self-employment etc should not be that different but cooperation of the ex-wife was vital.

If there is anything I remember, I will post it.

I will think the letters that accompanied my passport are not relevant, but I have read somewhere on this forum that it's good sometimes to have it......and I don't think it could be a bad idea having it!

All the best to everyone

yemco
Nigeria

Post by yemco » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:53 pm

adctrl wrote:I got a mail from a member of the forum asking about the documents I submitted.

The docs are:
A copy of my ex-wifes letter of employment & last pay slip
A copy of my letter of employment & last pay slip
The divorce cert
My ex credit card bill
My credit card bill
My ex phone bill
Only my passport and 2 passport photo

I think it helped that I could get all these because she was ready to provide them and I also think that it helped that we are both in employments which was ok.

I would think other scenarios like self-employment etc should not be that different but cooperation of the ex-wife was vital.

If there is anything I remember, I will post it.

I will think the letters that accompanied my passport are not relevant, but I have read somewhere on this forum that it's good sometimes to have it......and I don't think it could be a bad idea having it!

All the best to everyone

Congrats mate you will still need those documents when u apply for your PR so keep them.

rodrimarto

Post by rodrimarto » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:28 am

Dear all,

Just to let you know that I have received my RC today . It took 50 days.

I hope all those who are still waiting will get theirs soon.

Thanks for your support.

Best
Last edited by rodrimarto on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

yemco
Nigeria

Post by yemco » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:44 am

Congratulations mate

rodrimarto

Post by rodrimarto » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:01 am

yemco wrote:Congratulations mate
Thanks Yemco

rodrimarto

Post by rodrimarto » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:53 am

yemco wrote:
rodrimarto wrote:

Thanks
I submitted various documents of my ex treaty rights for the last four years of our marriage,like 3 yrs p60 and tenancy agreement,letter from her employer different bills on our name,my current payslips after decree absolute,my passport.
Hello Yemco,

I have also received the wrong covering letter for my ROR. I am planning to write to them as well . Did you also email them to get it corrected?

Thanks