ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee and evidence of lawful residence.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chineseguyuk
Newly Registered

Referee and evidence of lawful residence.

Post by chineseguyuk » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:53 pm

I would like to know if my partner's sister is allowed to be my referee. Who are clarify as relatives?

Another question is, under the supporting documents, section 3. What kind of documents do I need to provide to support the evidence of lawful residence? I am applying though marriage/civil partner route. Thanks very much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:57 pm

I don't think your partners sister cannot be a referee as she would be considered family - senior/guru can maybe confirm.

Evidence of lawful residence would be your passport and BRP card and you will need to submit your marriage/CP certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chineseguyuk
Newly Registered

Post by chineseguyuk » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:16 pm

CR001 wrote:I don't think your partners sister cannot be a referee as she would be considered family - senior/guru can maybe confirm.

Evidence of lawful residence would be your passport and BRP card and you will need to submit your marriage/CP certificate.
Thanks for replying. Could anybody confirm I can't us my partner's sister as my referee. Also what kind of BRP I need to submit. Do I need to submit my expired spouse permit card as well? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:21 pm

Did you get a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) when you applied for and was granted Indefinite Leave to Remain??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:24 pm

She cannot act as a referee if she writes a letter to UKBA saying she is sister of your partner, and you send that letter with your application.

If she just signs then she can.

You know what I am saying?
:wink:

If you do decide her to act as a referee, then be wary of this UKBA detectives. There are thousands of them spread across UK. Their sole function is to keep an eye of people's relations. They keep an accurate record of who is who's partner, and who are their relatives. If anyone then acts as a referee these informants notify SAS, who arrest these people in overnight raids.

:wink:

Amber
Mood:

Re: Referee and evidence of lawful residence.

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:29 pm

chineseguyuk wrote:I would like to know if my partner's sister is allowed to be my referee. Who are clarify as relatives?

Another question is, under the supporting documents, section 3. What kind of documents do I need to provide to support the evidence of lawful residence? I am applying though marriage/civil partner route. Thanks very much.
You should not use relatives as your referee. The documents required can be found on page 15 of form AN http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... orm_an.pdf
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

chineseguyuk
Newly Registered

Post by chineseguyuk » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:42 pm

CR001 wrote:Did you get a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) when you applied for and was granted Indefinite Leave to Remain??
Yes. I did get one ILR permit card. But home office asks for evidence of lawful residence for the last three year for marriage/civil partner, is the ILR permit card can be the residence evidence for the last three years? Sorry for being pain. Thanks very much.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:52 pm

chineseguyuk wrote:
CR001 wrote:Did you get a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) when you applied for and was granted Indefinite Leave to Remain??
Yes. I did get one ILR permit card. But home office asks for evidence of lawful residence for the last three year for marriage/civil partner, is the ILR permit card can be the residence evidence for the last three years? Sorry for being pain. Thanks very much.
No, you only need to be settled at the time of the application, not for any set period, if you are the spouse or civil partner of a British Citizen. The required documents are on page 15 of the form AN, your passport should be enough for the residence evidence and your BRP card for settlement proof along with your spouse's passport and marriage certificate.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

chineseguyuk
Newly Registered

Post by chineseguyuk » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:26 pm

D4109125 wrote:
chineseguyuk wrote:
No, you only need to be settled at the time of the application, not for any set period, if you are the spouse or civil partner of a British Citizen. The required documents are on page 15 of the form AN, your passport should be enough for the residence evidence and your BRP card for settlement proof along with your spouse's passport and marriage certificate.
Thanks very much for your help and others' help.'