ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ish51

Wife ILR

Post by Ish51 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:49 am

My wife is on dependent visa of Tier1 general from all most one year (stamped from home country 2nd July 2012) before the rules was changed for 5 yrs dependent visa.

But before July 2012 (dependent visa) she was on Tier-1 general, psw, student visa since 2007.

I am going to apply for ILR in Oct 2013 can my wife apply for ILR with me or she has to wait till July 2014

Amber
Mood:

Re: Wife ILR

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:57 am

Ish51 wrote:My wife is on dependent visa of Tier1 general from all most one year (stamped from home country 2nd July 2012) before the rules was changed for 5 yrs dependent visa.

But before July 2012 (dependent visa) she was on Tier-1 general, psw, student visa since 2007.

I am going to apply for ILR in Oct 2013 can my wife apply for ILR with me or she has to wait till July 2014
When does her current PBS dep leave expire? If before she qualifies for settlement (2 years as PBS dep) she will have to apply for a PBS dep extension. She can apply for settlement once she qualifies as 2 years PBS dep.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:30 am

Hi Ish51,

Your wife might be eligible to apply for ILR with you assuming she was here with you in a marital status (cohabiting documents required) you need to show 2 years probationary period as per 319E(d)(i), please refer Dependants of ILR (economic, 5year route )
Also check this:
Urgent Question: Wife's ILR Eligibility-non continuous 2y
I hope this helps, please seniors do correct me if I am getting it wrong.
Regards