ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MY ILR EXPERIENCE- AT SOLIHULL PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kevin24
Diamond Member

MY ILR EXPERIENCE- AT SOLIHULL PEO

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi! Folks,

My sincere apologies for not posting My experience all this while. Due to work and personal issues ( with 2 of My friends who applied for ILR at the same time as me). It was a wonderful one. I like to share same on this forum which could help in preperation of your ILR.

This forum has been a real Game Changer for me. Joined 5 months ago.Apart from the Forum members, The 3 people I want to mention especially . wp_ilrnov12,Gagan 1986,who welcomed me and replied all my queries(what ever it may be) and Alan Wong who answered all the My last minute queries( quite a few) in the last 3 weeks before MY PEO appointment at Solihull.

This is How I prepared for My ILR
1. Intially I Put up a 6 Month Action Plan month wise up to May'13- Listing The documents I need to get and the the time line.Updated it Every day.
2. Wrote down all the smallest things I need to get ( Like sticky pads,envelopes,Bull dog clips,Paper Clips)
3. Got down all the documents I needed. It was really a Document overload. Didn't want to take a chance.This is MY ILR. paying £1426/=
4.Finished filling the SET O form a week before My appointment.This gives you time to clear all your last minute doubts and checks.
5. Photocopies of all documents done a week ago.
6. Arranged all documents into 3 files. All indexed with coloured index labels.
7. All My documents were put in plastic sleeves with a sticky paper on Top,clearly written in capital letters as to what the document is.This will help you to give the right document with out further delay to CW,when He/She asked for.
8. Booked My PEO appointment before 06/04 at 2 am . Did not pay the £ 100. Sent an E mail to UKBA to confirm the appointment. Checked online every day to ensure whether My appointment is still thereor deleted.
9. Booked appointment 7 days before expiry of visa.. To show CW My (increased salary Pay slip) and latest P 60. Both were available on 30th of April.
10. Got My April Bank Statement at LLOYDS Bank signed and stamped 3 days before my appointment.( Rest were Postal statements)

MY EXPERIENCE ON THE DAY OF APPOINTMENT

Left London at 6 am for My 10 am appointment at Solihull. Train reached Solihull at 8.45 am, got lost trying to find the PEO. After 5 people helped me with the directions reached PEO ( Next to BUPA Wellness Centre) at 9.30 am. Security checked My form(whether the Correct Form) and told me to go and come back 10 minutes before appointment. Had coffee at the John Lewis (inside the shopping Mall,10 minutes away). Went back to PEO allowed in after a Airport style check.

It was a very busy day. Lots of applicants.The whole reception area was full of people . Quite a few in very smart suits. Me only in very casual clothes. I was given a token by the reception, which has a number. ( Please remeber this number,even if you loose the Token) I misplaced it when I went to the CW had problems in collecting back the documents and doing the Bio Metrics.Please keep this token very care fully.This number is displayed on the computer screen,for you to track your progress of your application. After a 1 1/2 hour wait called by the CW.

Will post the experience with the CW soon.It was very interesting.
Last edited by Kevin24 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 9 times in total.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:56 pm

Now The List Of Documents I carried with me.

FILE I( All Originals)
1. UKBA Appointment E mail Confirmation. ( Security will check this)
2. SET O FORM 04/13 version
3 2 Photographs(Full Name written on the back)
4 Life In the UK Test Pass certificate
5. New SOC Printout ( Effective after 06/04)
6 .Employer's SOC Letter( dated 7 days before appointment)
7. 12 Month's Pay slips( May'12-April'13)
8. 12 Month's LLOYDS Bank Statements ( May'13-May'13)
9. Employer's Absence Letter( Dated 2 weeks before appointment) with an Excel sheet detailing absences.
10.Compassionate Note with Death Certificate ( As I went for 5 days back home-Unpaid Leave,for My Aunt's Funeral)
11.Work Permit approval letter
12. Work Permit

File 2 ( All Photocopies of all documents in File 1)

File 3
1. 5 year P 60s ( Not signed and stamped by Employer)
2. 4 year HMRC Employment History( received in 10 days, Called HMRC from the local Tax Office Help Centre)
3.List of Duties
4.Employment Contract
5.Current Professional Membership Letters
6.Professional Membership Certificates
7.Exam. Pass Certificates
8.SAR File ( Took 55 days, received 3 days before appointment)

Last edited by Kevin24 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:08 pm

INTERVIEW WITH CW

A
round 11.30 am there was an announcement which was not clear,requesting My number to go to the CW No.4. Checked with the person next to me ,I went to meet the CW. There 1-6 booths, CW sits behind a glass panel and you sit out side. My CW was a Pleasant looking Middle aged English Lady.There is enough room on the table outside to keep and arrange your documents. I emptied File 1 and 2 and arranged the documents. I had all the originals arranged them like a Pack of cards.( easy to idetify and give it to CW when asked for a particular document) Kept the Photocopies by the LH side.

CW asked for the following in sequence:-

1. Passport. ( Checked the Visa Page and First Page- name and Photo)
2. SET O Form. She quickly flipped all the pages in full and took out the Payment Page. Checked whether it has been filled properly. ( I had 3 Payment pages filled with 3 different cards and 3 blank ones)
Then she went to fax that page and told me if it goes through you should get a receipt in 15 minutes.( I have informed the Credit Card Company before regarding this big payment)
3.Life In The Uk Test Pass Letter. Told me the score and has scored all correct.( Never achieved before) :D
4. Employer's Letter. ( Checked SOC Code and Present salary with her printed SOC Code List)
5. Last Month Pay Slip( April'13)
6.last Month bank Statement ( April'13- Checked the highlighted salary with thhe Pay slip)
7. Took the Passport and told me that she is going to do the final check, for me to not to put any documents away. Came Back with in 10 minutesand gave me the the payment receipt. When she sat down I could see My Entry/Exit details over 5 years being printed. Then she told me only 55 days of absences and took the Employer's absence letter and checked the total days of absences.(with Excel Sheet)
8. wanted to see the Compassionate Note but returned after reading . She said that I have written an essay,smiling away.

All of a sudden she told me the magic Words. I am happy to approve your ILR. Phew I was speachless. What a feeling( You must experience to feel it) :D :D :D .All the Tension and Stress just gone in that Moment.. Sad that I could not buy a Bouquet of Roses and a Box of Chocolates to CW :lol: :lol: :lol:
I quickly gathered all My documents and put them back into the files. Didn't want her to ask for any more.

She then told me that I should go down and wait for My Bio Metrics. After the results come through,some one will come and tell me to go out. Do some shopping have lunch and return to collect the documents 2 hours after that.Also told me that My Biometric Card will arrive with in 7-10 days. With that I went back to the reception. Did not go to offer any more documents.When the case has been decided why go to offer some more documents.
Last edited by Kevin24 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KEVIN

kumarilr13

Post by kumarilr13 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:25 pm

Belated Congratulations....I hope you already started to enjoy your ILR...All the very best for your future....

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:26 pm

Biometrics and There After

After a 1/2 hour interview with CW I came back to reception. Around 12.30 announcement was made to go for Bio Metrics. ( Inside a small room in reception). The lady who did the Bio Metrics checked My passport. Was particularly interested whether it was extended.(I have extended it up to 2015). She told me that CW will return it to me with all the rest of My documents.

The Bio Metiric results have come through so quickly.( very surprising)ist Then around 1 pm was told by the receptionist to go out and come back by 3pm.Went to a nice bakery to have a sandwich and a coffee.Hung around inside the shopping mall and went back to the PEO at 3 pm. Told to wait as CW has not finished the paper work yet. Around 3.30pm announcement was made to collect My documents. Reception returned My Passport, Last Payslip,Last bank statement along with an approval letter sighned by the CW. Also told that Bio Metric Card will arrive with in 7-10 days.Checked all the documents and left the PEO.A very Pleasant experience where I have prepared Myself for a tough interview.

Returned back to London immediately. Actually the railway station is 10 minutes fromn PEO.( Don't know how I got lost) A very nice small town. 1 1/2 hour away from London by train.

A Big Thank you to those Forum Members for all the help given to me during the last 5 months.The support was so overwhelming and I am really humbled. All the best for those applying for their ILRs. Good Luck and God Bless All.

Happy to answer any questions or offer advise,to the best of My ability.
Last edited by Kevin24 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:28 pm

kumarilr13 wrote:Belated Congratulations....I hope you already started to enjoy your ILR...All the very best for your future....
Thank You Mate for your wishes. Disappointed you did not invite me for Your Big Party. :cry: :cry: :cry:
KEVIN

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
kumarilr13 wrote:Belated Congratulations....I hope you already started to enjoy your ILR...All the very best for your future....
Thank You Mate for your wishes. Disappointed you did not invite me for Your Big Party. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Awww well done Kevin, many congratulations to you. I guess naturilisation is your next (and final) step?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:38 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
Awww well done Kevin, many congratulations to you. I guess naturilisation is your next (and final) step?
Hi! Amber,Thank You for every thing. One more year to go for that. After that organise a Big Party for You and the Gang. :D
KEVIN

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:51 pm

Congrats. Well done. Welcome to the elite ILR club

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:55 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:Congrats. Well done. Welcome to the elite ILR club
Thank you for your immediate response. You were one of those who helped me. How can I forget that!! Take Care.
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:26 pm

CW did not take the photocopies of My documents..What a waste of My time and Money. :cry: :cry: :cry: She said that she will take them.There were only few for her to take. She Did not return Employer's - SOC Letter and Absence Letter.
KEVIN

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:26 pm

[quote="Kevin24"]Now The List Of Documents I carried with me.

[b]FILE I( All Originals)[/b]
9. Employer's Absence Letter( Dated 2 weeks before appointment) with an Excel sheet detailing absences.
10.Compassionate Note with Death Certificate ( As I went for 5 days back home-Unpaid Leave,for My Aunt's Funeral)
12. Work Permit

[b]File 2 ( All Photocopies of all documents in File 1)

[/b]
[b]File 3[/b]
2. 4 year HMRC Employment History( received in 10 days, Called HMRC from the local Tax Office Help Centre)
3.List of Duties
4.Employment Contract

[u][/u][u][/u][/quote]

Thanks Kevin for sharing experience. Regarding work permit and switching to ict tier 2 , i have got original work permit on which i first came to UK and have got BRP in my last extension but i don't have any approval letter . Is that a problem ?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:29 pm

dk2011 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:Now The List Of Documents I carried with me.

FILE I( All Originals)
12. Work Permit

File 3
3.List of Duties
4.Employment Contract

Thanks Kevin for sharing experience. Regarding work permit and switching to ict tier 2 , i have got original work permit on which i first came to UK and have got BRP in my last extension but i don't have any approval letter . Is that a problem ?
Thank you. Since you have your BRP card for the extension,that shouldn't be a problem. Are you planning to go for a PEO appointment.?
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:41 pm

dk2011 wrote:

FILE I( All Originals)
12. Work Permit

File 3
3.List of Duties
4.Employment Contract

Mate ! Why were you not given an approval letter when your Extension was approved.
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi! sheraz7. Thank you.You advised me on applying with in the 28 days window. I was a bit nervous when I went for My appointment., a week before Visa expiry.Thankfully CW did not make any fuss about it..
KEVIN

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:43 pm

[quote="Kevin24"][quote="dk2011"][quote="Kevin24"]Now The List Of Documents I carried with me.

[b]FILE I( All Originals)[/b]
12. Work Permit

[b]File 2 ( All Photocopies of all documents in File 1)

[/b]
[b]File 3[/b]
3.List of Duties
4.Employment Contract

[u][/u][u][/u][/quote]

Thanks Kevin for sharing experience. Regarding work permit and switching to ict tier 2 , i have got original work permit on which i first came to UK and have got BRP in my last extension but i don't have any approval letter . Is that a problem ?[/quote]

Mate ! Why were you not given an approval letter when your Extension was approved.[/quote]

Yes Kevin i'm going for PEO appointment. My company didn't give me approval letter for work permit and for ICT tier 2 extension i misplaced it.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:47 pm

dk2011 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
dk2011 wrote:

FILE I( All Originals)
12. Work Permit

File 3
3.List of Duties
4.Employment Contract

Mate ! Why were you not given an approval letter when your Extension was approved.
Yes Kevin i'm going for PEO appointment. My company didn't give me approval letter for work permit and for ICT tier 2 extension i misplaced it.
Don't worry about it. Now you can't do any thing now. You should be fine. When I went to Solihull PEO,CW did not ask for the WP or WP approval letter.
KEVIN

kumarilr13

Post by kumarilr13 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:59 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
Don't get disappointed buddy... Let me get into medical school, we do a massive big party, keep fingers crossed :D

Mano82

Post by Mano82 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Sad u din inform me .. I had told you i stay close to PEO..atleast wud ve helped u with directions properly..never mind..Congrats!! :) Hope u wud agree that immediate life after ILR is not much different ..

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:28 pm

Congratulations Kevin and thanks for posting detailed experience.
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

wordable

Post by wordable » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:02 am

Congratulations Kevin! :D :D :D . I am so happy for you!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:41 am

Mano82 wrote:Sad u din inform me .. I had told you i stay close to PEO..atleast wud ve helped u with directions properly..never mind..Congrats!! :) Hope u wud agree that immediate life after ILR is not much different ..
Thank you. Appreciate your kind offer.The life after ILR is enjoyable. No stress and a real peace of Mind for the last 2 1/2 weeks,except work Pressure.
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:43 am

wordable wrote:Congratulations Kevin! :D :D :D . I am so happy for you!
Thank You Mate! So nice of You. Feeling so happy for me.
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:44 am

Sahib wrote:Congratulations Kevin and thanks for posting detailed experience.
No problems Mate! Need any Help with your ILR Please ask.
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:46 am

kumarilr13 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
Don't get disappointed buddy... Let me get into medical school, we do a massive big party, keep fingers crossed :D
OK When will that be!! I take your word on that.
KEVIN