ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and Deed poll

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ric1982
Member of Standing

Naturalisation and Deed poll

Post by ric1982 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:49 am

Hi,

We applied for my spouse. We have a asked to put slightly different name on the naturalization certificate.

e.g. Maryben John Smith to Mary John Smith. Do you think/know if this is a complicated change which could delay the application? Would we need a deed poll certi.?

Thanks,

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:34 am

You have already applied, so what you need now is patience and wait till your application is decided.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:37 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:You have already applied, so what you need now is patience and wait till your application is decided.
I know but if its required then I can send the deed poll in post which will save some time.

Ta

kasturi75

Post by kasturi75 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:28 am

My wife did apply for her last name change to my family name along with BC application & they accepted & printed on the certificate.

When I asked NCS for my name change (long name to a shorten), they said it can be done after BC ceremony via NCS. Then I didn’t query them too long for the same & waiting for the ceremony date & raise the requirement again. It is next week, update you all soon...

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:33 pm

kasturi75 wrote:My wife did apply for her last name change to my family name along with BC application & they accepted & printed on the certificate.

When I asked NCS for my name change (long name to a shorten), they said it can be done after BC ceremony via NCS. Then I didn’t query them too long for the same & waiting for the ceremony date & raise the requirement again. It is next week, update you all soon...
Thanks kasturi75 that is indeed very useful info for me. Will we ever going to need Deed poll certificate for my case? i.e. at the time of ceremony or passport application etc?

teawithlemon

Re: Naturalisation and Deed poll

Post by teawithlemon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:30 pm

ric1982 wrote:Hi,

We applied for my spouse. We have a asked to put slightly different name on the naturalization certificate.

e.g. Maryben John Smith to Mary John Smith. Do you think/know if this is a complicated change which could delay the application? Would we need a deed poll certi.?

Thanks,
Explain on p-13 and put the name on the form that u want to see on certificate.