ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British citizenship without ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

eroaero
Newly Registered

Applying for British citizenship without ILR

Post by eroaero » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:28 am

Hi, I've got a question with regard to British citizenship application for my wife. Your responses with be highly appreciated for this query.
I've granted ILR in 2012 sept and I'm looking forward for my Citizenship application in this year. My wife currently got dependent visa and she arrived to uk in 2011 jan. her visa as a dependent will expire in 2015 sep. however, she will complete 3 yrs in uk by jan 2014.
So my question is,
1. Can my wife apply for citizenship jan 2014 without applying for ILR? 
(note: assuming that I will get my Citizenship by Sep 2013. In that case she is married to a British Citizen and she is completing 3 yrs in uk by 2014 jan). 

Thanks in advice for your answers....

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for British citizenship without ILR

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:30 am

eroaero wrote:Hi, I've got a question with regard to British citizenship application for my wife. Your responses with be highly appreciated for this query.
I've granted ILR in 2012 sept and I'm looking forward for my Citizenship application in this year. My wife currently got dependent visa and she arrived to uk in 2011 jan. her visa as a dependent will expire in 2015 sep. however, she will complete 3 yrs in uk by jan 2014.
So my question is,
(note: assuming that I will get my Citizenship by Sep 2013. In that case she is married to a British Citizen and she is completing 3 yrs in uk by 2014 jan). 

No she must be settled.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

teawithlemon

Re: Applying for British citizenship without ILR

Post by teawithlemon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:32 pm

eroaero wrote:Hi, I've got a question with regard to British citizenship application for my wife. Your responses with be highly appreciated for this query.
So my question is,

Sorry but she needs to apply for ilr and then as long as she granted ilr same day she can apply for naturalization. Thank you.