ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my worst nightmare, please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sarah90222
Newly Registered

my worst nightmare, please help

Post by sarah90222 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:57 pm

i sent some documents for student finance by special delivery which included by
- current chinese passport
- old passport which has a stamp from the home office granting me indefinite leave to remain in the UK
- my birth certificate

they have lost it all at one of the sorting offices. the item was scanned in but not out. so technically it should still be in manchester sorting office. but no-one that is working there is looking through it!!!! the package was supposed to be delivered to bolton, and royal mail checked the bolton delivery office and found nothing. but yet, no one has checked the manchester sorting office (the stop just before bolton delivery office) and it has been 2 weeks with constant pestering from my end.

so now, i am thinking of going to teh sorting office myself. and potentially will have to get a new passport.

not sure what form i will have to fill in and how to go about doing this. and how much will it all cost.

will i need to apply for a new passport first? then following that, apply for a home office replacement of my indefinite leave to remain. i understand there is a form for replacing the biometric residence permit. however i never had one of those... i just had a green card/stamp on my old passport (granted in 2007)

i do still have all the home office paper documents that were sent to me from my original application.

please help. i do need these documents quite urgently as i am applying for student bursaries

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:32 am

First of all you should understand that nothing would happen quick. It is all going to take a few months before you have a new passport and new ILR BRP.

You should put as much pressure as you can on royal mail. If they still cannot locate your package then you will need to.

Write a letter to police informing them of the loss of passport. Include full passport details in that such as

Name
DOB
Nationality
Date of Issue
Date of Expiry
Place of Issue.

Also include your current address and date and sign the letter.

Take this letter to you local police station, give them one copy and make sure they stamp and sign another copy and return to you. This is very important.

Contact Chinese embassy and obtain a new passport. I have no clue what their requirements are to issue a replacement/new passport.

Once you have your chinese passport, come back to the forum and ask again about the procedure to make an NTL application.

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:43 pm

[quote="Ayyubi72"]First of all you should understand that nothing would happen quick. It is all going to take a few months before you have a new passport and new ILR BRP.

You should put as much pressure as you can on royal mail. If they still cannot locate your package then you will need to.

Write a letter to police informing them of the loss of passport. Include full passport details in that such as

Name
DOB
Nationality
Date of Issue
Date of Expiry
Place of Issue.

Also include your current address and date and sign the letter.

Take this letter to you local police station, give them one copy and make sure they stamp and sign another copy and return to you. This is very important.

Contact Chinese embassy and obtain a new passport. I have no clue what their requirements are to issue a replacement/new passport.

Once you have your chinese passport, come back to the forum and ask again about the procedure to make an NTL application.[/qu

Ayyub you are on point. After getting a new Chinese Passport plus a Police Report or any letter from RoyailMail about your lost document, NTL Application is what you will apply to UKBA for a replacement of your ILR. You can do it by Premium or Posting. For more info about NTL check UKBA website.
Good luck.
nothing united in United Nation.