ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship certificate reference number

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

expositouk1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Citizenship certificate reference number

Post by expositouk1 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:58 pm

Hello good people. I am completing form AN and would appreciate your assistance with a difficulty I am having please.

Question 1.34 asks for my wife's citizenship certificate reference number. She naturalised in 1999 and we have literally ransacked the entire house, but we cant locate her certificate, and as such, the number requested on the form.

I wanted to enquire if anyone has had a similar experience and what they did please.

I'm thinking of applying anyway, with an accompanying letter explaining the situation, but I'm a bit wary that the application will simply be returned as incomplete, with possible loss of the fees.

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:08 pm

You can either apply to the UKBA for a replacement certificate (if you can delay your application for a few weeks) or include a cover letter explaining the situation and detailing (as much as you can remember) when and where she naturalised.

Does she have a British Passport? You may also include this.

expositouk1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by expositouk1 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks for your quick response. She has got a British passport.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:00 pm

If you attach her passport, that's fine. Don't worry about leaving that field blank.

weiser

Post by weiser » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:54 pm

My situation was similar. I just put passport number and explained more in detail on other information sheet.

expositouk1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by expositouk1 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:54 am

Thanks very much for your help. I'll just ahead and add a letter to explain