ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cricinfo

Payment

Post by cricinfo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:32 am

I am planning to apply naturalization for my wife. I have a question, is there any benefit of paying by credit/debit card over payment by cheque/bank draft. I am planning to pay by bank draft for her application as have seen some issues with paying by credit/debit card for some applicants. Is paying by bank draft delay your application by any mean ?

cricinfo

Re: Payment

Post by cricinfo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:07 pm

anybody have any idea ?

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:13 pm

cricinfo wrote:I am planning to apply naturalization for my wife. I have a question, is there any benefit of paying by credit/debit card over payment by cheque/bank draft. I am planning to pay by bank draft for her application as have seen some issues with paying by credit/debit card for some applicants. Is paying by bank draft delay your application by any mean ?
Not sure, but I'd be inclined to think it will take a little longer if you pay by cheque/Draft as your application will be on hold till your payments goes through. If you pay by debit card the payment reached them instantly and they can process your application without any payment process delay.

englishlife

Post by englishlife » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:29 pm

cricinfo wrote:I am planning to apply naturalization for my wife. I have a question, is there any benefit of paying by credit/debit card over payment by cheque/bank draft. I am planning to pay by bank draft for her application as have seen some issues with paying by credit/debit card for some applicants. Is paying by bank draft delay your application by any mean ?
Bank drafts £ not accepted probably ! I paid by cheque and after 11 days they took money from my account from post date. So it will be extra 3-7 days waiting but I know people who paid by card and money was taken after 8-9 days from post date. Yes sometimes credit card decline due to credit limit or access limit in 1 transaction. But debit card is best. And cheque is very safe however keep in mind you need to add 3-7 days extra with processing time.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:18 am

Thanks both of you. Bank draft is accepted as it is a form of cheque. I will pay by Debit card then