ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Treaty Rights Section taken to court - all EU1 on hold !?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dsab85

EU Treaty Rights Section taken to court - all EU1 on hold !?

Post by dsab85 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:53 pm

Hi,

I just called the EU Treaty right Section to follow up on my wifes EU1 application (over 6 months already), and the woman on the phone dropped a bombshell.

She said the EU Treaty Rights Section has been taken to court regarding the EU1 process, and until the Court Case has been settled they won't send out any Notifications (be it positive or negative).

Anyone know any more about this?

Cheers,
DSAB

P.S. My wife is shellshocked, to say at least.

zen63

Post by zen63 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:47 pm

Hmmmm interesting.

Anyone know how we can get more information on this? I will call SOLVIT on monday and ask - but i would love to hear any other news that members may have?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: EU Treaty Rights Section taken to court - all EU1 on hol

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:20 am

dsab85 wrote:I just called the EU Treaty right Section to follow up on my wifes EU1 application (over 6 months already), and the woman on the phone dropped a bombshell.

She said the EU Treaty Rights Section has been taken to court regarding the EU1 process, and until the Court Case has been settled they won't send out any Notifications (be it positive or negative).
If you have not done it already, it is very important to approach the EU's Solvit (http://europa.eu.int/solvit/) for assistance. They seem to be a key organizations for the EU to hear about what is happening in individual member states, and they provide active assistance in resolving individual problems.

If each person whose application is delayed past the required maximum processing time of 6 months makes contact with (1) the EU Treaty right Section (taking detailed notes) and then (2) contacts Solvit, the problem will start being noticed in official circles and may start getting resolved.

zen63

Post by zen63 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:48 pm

SOLVIT were not aware of this legal case - or if they were could not tell me any details regarding it.

Any one have any further news?