ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

15 hours a week for 3 year old towards child care

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

ilrquery123
Newly Registered

15 hours a week for 3 year old towards child care

Post by ilrquery123 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:03 am

Hello All,

I am due for ILR next year.
I was reading this forum and got to know that claiming any benefit can create problems in ILR.

I have a 3 years old daughter who goes to nursery and I think she get 15 hours a week for which I do not have to pay. At the time of admission i did tell the nursery that I am on tier 1 visa and would i be elligible they said its not a problem - i hope this is not a benefit? can you please confirm so i can my mind to rest - thanks!

ilrquery123
Newly Registered

Post by ilrquery123 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:12 am

also i take child care vouchers from work as it reduces my tax..

ilrquery123
Newly Registered

Post by ilrquery123 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:46 am

i just came across this and I am really worried now:( - can you please advise i have been sending my daughter to nursery for last six months now - is there any i can do about now to avoid any issues - i just called them again and they said its not public fund - dnt know what is right?
can you please help :

To: TierOne@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 8:48 PM
Subject: <TierOne> Re: <TierOne> Claiming Child Benefits after ILR

Guys please do not claim child benefits or any other benefits till British Citizenship or atleast wait for ILR. No point getting into trouble if you can avoid the same.

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:44 am

Mate

Did you manage to see the below pdf, the ones you are mentioning are Goverment funds not public funds. I dont know about Child care vouchers but 15 hrs free education is Govt fund and anyone who is in UK soil can claim that. It is not the money what you are entitled to like JSA, Child benefits etc..

Please go through this and post it back if you have any questions, is you search the forum you would find many posts related to your querry.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:47 am

Child care vouchers are not public funds but may affect the salary requirement for some applicants as you have sacrificed some salary for the vouchers.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ilrquery123
Newly Registered

Post by ilrquery123 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Thank you very much guys!!

ilrquery123
Newly Registered

Post by ilrquery123 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:01 am

THanks so much for your reply guys - i went through the link - i have a query not sure if the answer is too obvious :(

the nursery my daughter goes to is a private nursery, i live in slough so initial three months she went to slough nursery but i moved job to reading and there is a nursery in front of my work so got her moved here which is very convenient for me and my daughter as we are closer in case of emergencies - as i mentioned it is a private nursery i spoke to them just now and they said that they have transferred my daughter's funding from previous nursery to this one - hope this is not a problem bcoz its privatE?

Thanks in advance!!