ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unclear Questions on Set (O) Form Version 04/2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mazzini_ja
Newly Registered

Unclear Questions on Set (O) Form Version 04/2013

Post by mazzini_ja » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Dear All,

I need some clarification on the latest Set (O) Form as of 14th June 2013. There are some points which are a little ambiguous and I am hoping to receive your feedback based on experiences and informed opinion. Would most appreciate if you could take a few minutes to reply.

Queries on Set (O) Form Version 04/2013:

Section 5.1:
I am renting with friends and pay a share but there is no option for this. Should I select option 'e-other' and say this or should I select 'd-rented by a friend'?

Section 5.5:
Do I have to fill ALL five fields as it says ALL four and there are five blanks? Do I have to state my pay in both hourly rate and annual salary or is it just one of them as it says 'hourly rate or annual salary' and leave one of the blanks empty?

Under Code of Practice for TIER 2 SOC Code 2010, is the pay threshold stated before tax and other deductions?

My pre-tax salary is based on 37.5 weekly hours and is above the annual threshold for my SOC code. I will list 37.5 instead of 39 as stated under SOC 2010 - will this be okay?

What is the difference between 'Number of Hours this salary is based on' and 'Number of Weekly hours'? Is the former total number of hours in a year i.e 52 * 37.5?

Section 5.5:
Only one source of income (via employment) - should I state the amount received after tax and other deductions and leave all other rows blank?

Section 6.1:
Unclear question with emphasis on when did I 'first' enter the UK - would this be September 2004 (Student Visa) or August 2008 (Work Permit) based on this application?

Section 6.2:
Subsequent to 6.1, this question needs answering in line. The ambiguous bit is 'Since then ...' and it depends on what I say for 6.1.

Section 6.4:
Understood as most recent entry date to the UK.

Section 7.11:
In line with section 6.1, would this be since September 2004 or August 2008? Perhaps in this section, it should be the total time spent in the UK since I first arrived in 2004 as it is Personal History?

Section 9- TIER 1 Points Scoring Assessment:
Leave this section and jump to Section 10 (BPR) page 44/59 as section 9 is not applicable for Work Permit based applications. Correct?

Section 11:
What is the minimum maintenance fund that I need to show for this application?

General Enquiry:
Do I need to submit P60 for the last five years for Work Permit ILR application as I thought this is for Tier 1 ILR only?
How many months bank statement is required, would 3 months be enough?

Likewise, 3 months' payslip would be enough?

Do I need to provide a Covering Letter for my application or is it just for Tier 1? If I do, could you please send me the link to a template?

Are there any other supporting documents, other than those listed in the Set (O) form, that I should submit along with my application?
- Employer Letters (absences/annual leaves, SOC Code + continue employment) under section 11B
- Bank statements, payslips as per above
- Passport (current and expired)
- 2 Photos
- Life in the UK Test Result

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by mazzini_ja on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Please go through the Forum. Most of your questions have been answered several times. After that you see what has to be answered. That's how I did.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

mazzini_ja
Newly Registered

Post by mazzini_ja » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:04 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Please go through the Forum. Most of your questions have been answered several times. After that you see what has to be answered. That's how I did.
Hi Kevin,

I have been going through the list of topics for a few hours now, unfortunately no one seems to have queried regarding the Set (O) Application Form 04/2013 Version.

In this instance, do you mind posting the hyperlink(s) of any topics that you can recall from memory which would help me find the answers?

Thanks.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:11 pm

mazzini_ja wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:Please go through the Forum. Most of your questions have been answered several times. After that you see what has to be answered. That's how I did.
Hi Kevin,

I have been going through the list of topics for a few hours now, unfortunately no one seems to have queried regarding the Set (O) Application Form 04/2013 Version.

In this instance, do you mind posting the hyperlink(s) of any topics that you can recall from memory which would help me find the answers?

Thanks.
OK. Pl. read My Experience at Solihull PEO. You get an idea of the documents I carried. I think it must be in Page 4/5 of the Forum. Rest of your Questions I will try answering during the week end.
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:15 pm

1. Payslips would be 12(latest)
2.Bank statements would be 12(latest)
3.Employer's SOC Letter
4. Employer's absence letter
5. 5 year P60s
6.Your WP
7.WP approval letter
8.NO Need of a cover letter.
KEVIN

mazzini_ja
Newly Registered

Post by mazzini_ja » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:19 pm

Thanks for your input Kevin - much appreciated!

I will keep looking for answers by researching other threads on the Forum until I hear back from you.

Enjoy your evening and have a good weekend!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Set (O) Form Version 04/2013 Guidance

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:39 pm

mazzini_ja wrote:Dear All,

I need some clarification on the latest Set (O) Form as of 14th June 2013. There are some points which are a little ambiguous and I am hoping to receive your feedback based on experiences and informed opinion. Would most appreciate if you could take a few minutes to reply.

Section 5.1:
I am renting with friends and pay a share but there is no option for this. Should I select option 'e-other' and say this or should I select 'd-rented by a friend'?

Section 5.5:
Do I have to fill ALL five fields as it says ALL four and there are five blanks? Do I have to state my pay in both hourly rate and annual salary or is it just one of them as it says 'hourly rate or annual salary' and leave one of the blanks empty?

Under Code of Practice for TIER 2 SOC Code 2010, is the pay threshold stated before tax and other deductions?

My pre-tax salary is based on 37.5 weekly hours and is above the annual threshold for my SOC code. I will list 37.5 instead of 39 as stated under SOC 2010 - will this be okay?

What is the difference between 'Number of Hours this salary is based on' and 'Number of Weekly hours'? Is the former total number of hours in a year i.e 52 * 37.5?

Section 5.5:
Only one source of income (via employment) - should I state the amount received after tax and other deductions and leave all other rows blank?

Section 6.1:
Unclear question with emphasis on when did I 'first' enter the UK - would this be September 2004 (Student Visa) or August 2008 (Work Permit) based on this application?

Section 6.2:
Subsequent to 6.1, this question needs answering in line. The ambiguous bit is 'Since then ...' and it depends on what I say for 6.1.

Section 6.4:

Section 7.11:
In line with section 6.1, would this be since September 2004 or August 2008? Perhaps in this section, it should be the total time spent in the UK since I first arrived in 2004 as it is Personal History?

Leave this section and jump to Section 10 (BPR) page 44/59 as section 9 is not applicable for Work Permit based applications. Correct?

Section 11:

General Enquiry:
Do I need to submit P60 for the last five years for Work Permit ILR application as I thought this is for Tier 1 ILR only?

Do I need to provide a Covering Letter for my application or is it just for Tier 1? If I do, could you please send me the link to a template?

Are there any other supporting documents, other than those listed in the Set (O) form, that I should submit along with my application?
- Employer Letters (absences/annual leaves, SOC Code + continue employment) under section 11B
- 2 Photos

Thanks in advance!
5.1- You should mention renting from friend/relative
5.2 You could fill up all 4/5.
5.3 you need to give your salary for 39 hours as per SOC 2010
weekly hours 37.5 hours Annual Hours - 37.5*52Hours
5.5 You just mention your salary after deductions. Leave others blank if you don't have any other Income.
6.1 Sept 2004
6.4 last entry date into Uk
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Unclear Questions on Set (O) Form Version 04/2013

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:11 pm

Section 5.1:

Section 5.5:

Section 5.5:

Section 6.1:

Section 6.2:

Section 6.4:

Section 7.11:

Section 11:

General Enquiry:

- 2 Photos

Thanks in advance!
7.11 You list your absences from August 2008
Sect9- Is for Tier 1 Applicants-leave it blank
No Minm Balance required. How much savings are you going to show.??
Is there are any more Queries??
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi! Could you please list out the full list of documents, you are going to submit for your ILR.
KEVIN

mazzini_ja
Newly Registered

Post by mazzini_ja » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:15 pm

Kevin24 wrote:1. Payslips would be 12(latest)
2.Bank statements would be 12(latest)
3.Employer's SOC Letter
4. Employer's absence letter
5. 5 year P60s
6.Your WP
7.WP approval letter
8.NO Need of a cover letter.
Thanks Kevin - noted and prepared :)

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Unclear Questions on Set (O) Form Version 04/2013

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Section 5.1:

Section 5.5:

Section 5.5:

Section 6.1:

Section 6.2:

Section 6.4:

Section 7.11:

Section 11:

General Enquiry:

- 2 Photos

Thanks in advance!
Noproblems Mate!Plus what ever you have listed above.
KEVIN

mazzini_ja
Newly Registered

Post by mazzini_ja » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:15 pm

thanks mate, you have been great help!

I am still a little confused about the 'number of hours this salary is based on' question as I am thinking this would be 37.5*52 whereas I saw another post where the guy said 37.5 for both boxes. Wish UKBA could make it more clear!

Regarding 6.1, I have a feeling that it should be from the time 'this application is based on' which would be 1st August as that was the last time I entered UK prior to obtaining the Work Permit. Any time spent in the UK as a Student Visa holder before the WP was granted is irrelevant to this application. 5 year clock for WP Settlement Route started on the EC date for WP - do you see my logic? Subsequently, I will list the absences from UK since Work Permit EC date for section 6.2.

For section 7.11, I will use the time since September 2004 as it is more about my Personal History rather than the time spent for 'this application'

I am planning to show around £1000 for minimum fund as I don't have a lot of savings 8)

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:48 pm

mazzini_ja wrote:thanks mate, you have been great help!

I am still a little confused about the 'number of hours this salary is based on' question as I am thinking this would be 37.5*52 whereas I saw another post where the guy said 37.5 for both boxes. Wish UKBA could make it more clear!

Regarding 6.1, I have a feeling that it should be from the time 'this application is based on' which would be 1st August as that was the last time I entered UK prior to obtaining the Work Permit. Any time spent in the UK as a Student Visa holder before the WP was granted is irrelevant to this application. 5 year clock for WP Settlement Route started on the EC date for WP - do you see my logic? Subsequently, I will list the absences from UK since Work Permit EC date for section 6.2.

For section 7.11, I will use the time since September 2004 as it is more about my Personal History rather than the time spent for 'this application'

I am planning to show around £1000 for minimum fund as I don't have a lot of savings 8)
I will answer your queries tomorrow. Pl. read ms2013's Experience at Liverpool PEO for the list of documents.
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:53 pm

mazzini_ja wrote:thanks mate, you have been great help!

1.I filled with My contracted weekly hours-40 Hrs.
2.You could list your absences for the 5 year WP Period.
3.7.11 -OK
4. All depends on your other documents You are going to present to CW. I did not show any savings. Only the last Cuurent Account Bank statement.
KEVIN

mazzini_ja
Newly Registered

Post by mazzini_ja » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:06 pm

thanks Kevin - will heed your points above.

Last question, my Employer is happy to write the absences letter (including paid annual leaves). However, they don't really want to mention which of those annual leaves had I used to visit places outside the UK and I can totally understand their point of view as this has nothing to do with them. They will mention the business related trips that were made outside the UK but not the personal ones.

If I include a cover letter to highlight the personal travel history, would that be enough? Then the CW can cross-check against the dates my Employer would state for annual leaves in the Employer's letter. Or is there a requirement that the Employer must endorse personal travels spent away from the UK??? I couldn't see this in section 5 or 6A and I am not quite sure to be frankly speaking. If it is mandatory, then it sounds like a onerous requirement from the UKBA as the employer should not really have to check what the employee is getting up to during his/her holiday.

Cheers mate.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:58 am

mazzini_ja wrote:thanks Kevin - will heed your points above.

Last question, my Employer is happy to write the absences letter (including paid annual leaves). However, they don't really want to mention which of those annual leaves had I used to visit places outside the UK and I can totally understand their point of view as this has nothing to do with them. They will mention the business related trips that were made outside the UK but not the personal ones.

If I include a cover letter to highlight the personal travel history, would that be enough? Then the CW can cross-check against the dates my Employer would state for annual leaves in the Employer's letter. Or is there a requirement that the Employer must endorse personal travels spent away from the UK??? I couldn't see this in section 5 or 6A and I am not quite sure to be frankly speaking. If it is mandatory, then it sounds like a onerous requirement from the UKBA as the employer should not really have to check what the employee is getting up to during his/her holiday.

Cheers mate.
Mate! Don't accept what ever I say.as Gospel. You must prepare your case to give you the best out come.

If the absence letter mentions clearly the dates of the business trips and confirms annual leaves were with in your annual entitlement and were paid fo,r that is more than sufficinent.

When you list out your Imiigration history in the SET O form you could mention the business trips and annual leaves. No need to mention where you visited during your annual leave. A covering letter is not needed.
KEVIN

Angelic80
Newly Registered

How is the outcome of your application?

Post by Angelic80 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi mazzini_ja,

I assume you have successfully gotten your ILR. I am going to apply for it in person in 3 weeks time. I would like to ask you what you actually filled for Section 6.1 and Section 7.11? As my case is very similar to yours. Hope to hear from you soon!

Thank you!

Angela

WP2ILR
Newly Registered

Re: How is the outcome of your application?

Post by WP2ILR » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi Angela,
Have you applied for the ILR ?
My case also similar to Mazzini & you so thought of writing you guys.
When are you going to apply for ILR and Where you applying ?

Regards,
Ahd
Angelic80 wrote:Hi mazzini_ja,

I assume you have successfully gotten your ILR. I am going to apply for it in person in 3 weeks time. I would like to ask you what you actually filled for Section 6.1 and Section 7.11? As my case is very similar to yours. Hope to hear from you soon!

Thank you!

Angela

Angelic80
Newly Registered

Post by Angelic80 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:29 pm

Hi Ahd,

Nope, I have not applied. Will only apply on the 15th of next mth. Now awaiting Maz's reply :)

Will let you know when I get it

Angela

WP2ILR
Newly Registered

Hello

Post by WP2ILR » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:56 am

Thanks for your reply.
Are you applying on WP ( Non-PBS ) basis ? Which PEO selected ?

Regards,
Ahd
Angelic80 wrote:Hi Ahd,

Nope, I have not applied. Will only apply on the 15th of next mth. Now awaiting Maz's reply :)

Will let you know when I get it

Angela