ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postal OCI -rejected

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mba
Newly Registered

Postal OCI -rejected

Post by mba » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'd made a OCI postal application on 7th April for me and my wife .But my OCI application got rejected on 7th June, after two months because I had only one PO(Postal Order) and not 2 for each application..

1. Now I want to go in person to HCI but how to deal with Postal Order?
2. Can I carry the same attested documents/Photos (attested in April) would they accept them?
3. Do I need an authorization letter from my spouse to submit her documents at HCI?
Your help will be much appreciated.
Thanks

ramvellore

Post by ramvellore » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:12 pm

Did you get the postal order back from them i.e. which you sent first time?

Showy

Post by Showy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:49 pm

I had a similar issue during Surrender Certs, I applied for 2 surrender certs and sent 1 postal order that they returned, I was fuming :x as it clearly states on the surrender cert details website that a single postal order for the total is allowed, so I sent them a very angry letter as they had wasted time and also used the same SDE to send the rejection back, with the letter and extract from the website I sent the same postal order back...and guess what.. the second time it was accepted!!!!!

But with regards to your enquiry, they were only accepting cash at the Consulate.. but I heard in London they do accept Postal Orders at the counter too...maybe worth checking with them before you go..rules seem to change on a daily basis..

mba
Newly Registered

Post by mba » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:46 am

Yes, I did get the Postal Order back.

I absolutely agree with Showy that HCI change rules on daily basis in fact I went to HCI in early April to submit OCI documents in person apparently same day they had implemented new rules of giving tokens and after hours of standing in the queue in biting cold we were told all token are over for the day so came back and applied by post and after two months finally it got rejected again :(

When we heard about tokens getting over we went to see an officer along with couple of elderly people requesting to reconsider our applications as the new rules of token was introduced on the same day. We explained him that we have come long way taking off and standing in the queue in biting cold (as it was snowing that day in London) but he advised us to do the Postal application but elderly people did not understand him and when again requested giving reasons of weather and stuff officer rudely said its not big deal come tomorrow and stand in the queue pregnant woman with two-three kids come everyday and stand in the queue from 5 am in the morning after hearing this we thought there is no point in talking to an insane Officer when he doesn’t have minimum courtesy to reconsider at least elderly application and came back and decided to do postal application