ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Name updated on passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JPgowda
Newly Registered

ILR - Name updated on passport

Post by JPgowda » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:22 am

Hi all,

I am applying for ILR in July and am on the old work permit visa.

My old passport had a name wrong(i.e my first name and surname was interchanged), and the same is on my present work permit visa.

Now i have corrected that in my new passport, but still the my work permit visa has the same wrong name.

so the question is do i need to tell this in a covering letter ?

cheers
JP

Emrah

Re: ILR - Name updated on passport

Post by Emrah » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:53 am

JPgowda wrote:Hi all,

I am applying for ILR in July and am on the old work permit visa.

My old passport had a name wrong(i.e my first name and surname was interchanged), and the same is on my present work permit visa.

Now i have corrected that in my new passport, but still the my work permit visa has the same wrong name.

so the question is do i need to tell this in a covering letter ?

cheers
JP
If I would you I would write a covering letter just in case.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:47 pm

Usually, all forms, in personal information section, ask you about any other name you were known by. There, you can mention your old name.