ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Advice Please Re: Biometric Residency Permit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Spring

Urgent Advice Please Re: Biometric Residency Permit

Post by Spring » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:29 am

Hi All,

Just received the acknowledgement letter from Home Office yesterday (dated 10 June 2013) for my submitted ILR (SET O) application.

I wonder if it is possible to have one's BRP done at the post office with the acknowledgement letter or does one have to wait for the HO to send out a BRP notification letter?

I'm a bit concerned as our postman has had in the past delivered post to the wrong address e.g. my neighbour's letter to me. So there is a potential risk of delay in receiving my BRP letter. How long should I wait before making enquires about my "missing" or still awaited BRP notification letter?

Any advice or suggestions would be most gratefully received.

Many thanks.
Last edited by Spring on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emrah

Re: Urgent: Biometric Residency Permit

Post by Emrah » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:50 am

Spring wrote:Hi All,

Just received the acknowledgement letter from Home Office yesterday (dated 10 June 2013) for my submitted ILR (SET O) application.

I wonder if it is possible to have one's BRP done at the post office with the acknowledgement letter or does one have to wait for the HO to send out a BRP notification letter?

I'm a bit concerned as our postman has had in the past delivered post to the wrong address e.g. my neighbour's letter to me. So there is a potential risk of delay in receiving my BRP letter. How long should I wait before making enquires about my "missing" or still awaited BRP notification letter?

Any advice or suggestions would be most gratefully received.

Many thanks.
No you have to wait for BRP letter.