ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ Sheffield PEO 17-JUNE-13

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

orange01

ILR Success @ Sheffield PEO 17-JUNE-13

Post by orange01 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi Guys

It is that time when I have to share my PEO experience on this forum. My appointment was at Sheffield PEO for 09:00 am on Monday, 17 June 2013. In my case it was Tier 1 (General) (3 +2 years) to ILR route. I included my wife in the application but skipped our 4 month old UK born child to register him as British citizen under section 1(3).

I initially thought I will book an appointment with Solihull PEO as it seems to be preferred PEO as many have suggested in this forum. I searched for Solihull PEO appointment slot for few days but couldn’t find any slot so I decided to look at other PEO’s and finally booked an appointment with Sheffield PEO. Having booked the appointment with Sheffield PEO and paid £200 (paid for me and dependant) – I still had uncertainty in mind if I stick to the same appointment or shall I check if Solihull PEO has any slot available to change my appointment. I believe the reason for this was that Solihull PEO is very much favoured and people from far wanted to attend it when they have easy access to other PEO’s nearer to them. Seeing that people from London comes to Solihull PEO for their ILR – pulled me towards Solihull to an extent but I ended up not cancelling my Sheffield appointment as I had fear of losing £200. I can tell you that I made the right decision as my experience with Sheffield PEO was very nice.

We entered the Sheffield PEO premises at 08:40am – there were already a few people ahead of us. Cleared security check, reported to counter number 7 for our appointment and were issued a ticket number. At about 09:05 was called at counter number 2 to check the documents – middle aged lady behind the counter made some checks on her sheet – checked my application form (SET(O)) and commented that she was impressed with my application form (I used Acrobat writer to fill in the form). She then took all the supporting documents. At the same time, I informed her that I have photocopies if these are needed. She made a comment on her check sheet stating that applicant has photocopies. I was then asked to go and make the payment at the payment counter – this was done by 09:20. Now we waited for finger prints to be taken – at about 09:55 our token number was called to go to counter number 11. The personnel at the biometric desk had a folder with my original documents. He read the note from the checksheet that I have photocopies and asked to be given to him. I handed over the copies to him and he took our finger prints. Finished from biometrics by 10:05. Just within an hour our token number was called from counter number 5. Case worker congratulated us on getting our ILR, returned all our original documents, given a letter of approval and said biometric cards will arrive in 7-10 days. We were out of the building by 11:05. Generally, a very positive experience.

I submitted the following documents:
- Covering Letter
- Set(O) form
- Original last 12 months payslips
- Original last 12 months bank statements
- Life in the UK test certificate (mine and wife’s)
- Cohab documents (Last 2 years council tax bills, water bills, gas and electric bills, three joint bank statements covering last 12 months period)

In view of holidays, I had about 144 days out of the UK in the last 5 years. Out of these, 56 days were unpaid (these were taken when I was made redundant) and rest were paid holidays. I have asked my previous and current employer to give a letter for the holidays that I have taken outside the UK but they refused to give a letter as they said there is no way they can check if these holidays were taken in the UK or outside. Instead, both employers sent me a letter stating that I was entitled to 25 days paid holidays per year. I have not included any of the two letters with our application. I have also left 6.3 blank. There was no interaction with case worker at all apart from towards the end when our documents and approval letter was handed over.

I am now waiting for biometric card so that I can send my little one MN1 application for British citizenship. I am happy to answer any questions that you may have.

Apologies if you find my post long winded.

Thanks
Maddie.

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:13 pm

Cogratulation
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:54 pm

Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your experience. Enjoy!

onabanjo

Re: ILR Success @ Sheffield PEO 17-JUNE-13

Post by onabanjo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:27 pm

orange01 wrote:Hi Guys

It is that time when I have to share my PEO experience on this forum. My appointment was at Sheffield PEO for 09:00 am on Monday, 17 June 2013. In my case it was Tier 1 (General) (3 +2 years) to ILR route. I included my wife in the application but skipped our 4 month old UK born child to register him as British citizen under section 1(3).

I initially thought I will book an appointment with Solihull PEO as it seems to be preferred PEO as many have suggested in this forum. I searched for Solihull PEO appointment slot for few days but couldn’t find any slot so I decided to look at other PEO’s and finally booked an appointment with Sheffield PEO. Having booked the appointment with Sheffield PEO and paid £200 (paid for me and dependant) – I still had uncertainty in mind if I stick to the same appointment or shall I check if Solihull PEO has any slot available to change my appointment. I believe the reason for this was that Solihull PEO is very much favoured and people from far wanted to attend it when they have easy access to other PEO’s nearer to them. Seeing that people from London comes to Solihull PEO for their ILR – pulled me towards Solihull to an extent but I ended up not cancelling my Sheffield appointment as I had fear of losing £200. I can tell you that I made the right decision as my experience with Sheffield PEO was very nice.

We entered the Sheffield PEO premises at 08:40am – there were already a few people ahead of us. Cleared security check, reported to counter number 7 for our appointment and were issued a ticket number. At about 09:05 was called at counter number 2 to check the documents – middle aged lady behind the counter made some checks on her sheet – checked my application form (SET(O)) and commented that she was impressed with my application form (I used Acrobat writer to fill in the form). She then took all the supporting documents. At the same time, I informed her that I have photocopies if these are needed. She made a comment on her check sheet stating that applicant has photocopies. I was then asked to go and make the payment at the payment counter – this was done by 09:20. Now we waited for finger prints to be taken – at about 09:55 our token number was called to go to counter number 11. The personnel at the biometric desk had a folder with my original documents. He read the note from the checksheet that I have photocopies and asked to be given to him. I handed over the copies to him and he took our finger prints. Finished from biometrics by 10:05. Just within an hour our token number was called from counter number 5. Case worker congratulated us on getting our ILR, returned all our original documents, given a letter of approval and said biometric cards will arrive in 7-10 days. We were out of the building by 11:05. Generally, a very positive experience.

I submitted the following documents:
- Covering Letter
- Set(O) form
- Original last 12 months payslips
- Original last 12 months bank statements
- Life in the UK test certificate (mine and wife’s)
- Cohab documents (Last 2 years council tax bills, water bills, gas and electric bills, three joint bank statements covering last 12 months period)

In view of holidays, I had about 144 days out of the UK in the last 5 years. Out of these, 56 days were unpaid (these were taken when I was made redundant) and rest were paid holidays. I have asked my previous and current employer to give a letter for the holidays that I have taken outside the UK but they refused to give a letter as they said there is no way they can check if these holidays were taken in the UK or outside. Instead, both employers sent me a letter stating that I was entitled to 25 days paid holidays per year. I have not included any of the two letters with our application. I have also left 6.3 blank. There was no interaction with case worker at all apart from towards the end when our documents and approval letter was handed over.

I am now waiting for biometric card so that I can send my little one MN1 application for British citizenship. I am happy to answer any questions that you may have.

Apologies if you find my post long winded.

Thanks
Maddie.
CONGRATULATIONS and thanks for your post :D
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

wordable

Post by wordable » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:42 pm

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your experience. :D :D :D

orange01

Post by orange01 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:15 am

Thanks Guys.

Today we have received our biometric cards - taken only two days, relatively quick.

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:22 am

orange01 wrote:Thanks Guys.

Today we have received our biometric cards - taken only two days, relatively quick.
Congratulations and Enjoy :)

jamil05

Post by jamil05 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:51 pm

I have attended both Solihull and Sheffield. I have found out that Sheffield is much friendlier. With chances of being interviewed very very slim. And the process is quick as well as they are not as busy as Birmingham

itprof1
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success @ Sheffield PEO 17-JUNE-13

Post by itprof1 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the writing your experience. Very useful.
I have a query.
For the 56 days you were absent, what reason did you mention in the application? Did you submit any proof for it?

Thanks,

Pratikshah2008

Post by Pratikshah2008 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:59 am

Congratulations orange01 !!!!!

is it possible to share your covering letter format by any chance ?-

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by rmkirfan » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:59 am

conragrates Orange..

Many thanks for sharing your experience..

Just a quick query,
Did it not required P60s?

drpbalaji1960

MN1 application

Post by drpbalaji1960 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:37 pm

congrats on your success. have a had a look into the MN1 application for ur little one's BC. would it be ok for u to share how to go about making the MN1 application for BC. Thanks.

Balaji

orange01

Re: MN1 application

Post by orange01 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:03 am

itprof1 – I didn’t submit any proof of paid and unpaid holidays. Although I prepared a personal letter explaining as to why these 56 days were unpaid but I didn’t include with the application. I supposed if a case worker ask for the explanation only then I am gonna hand over the letter.

Pratikshah2008 - I have used the covering letter that is available on one of the post on this forum.

Rmkirfan – I did take P60’s with me but didn’t include with the application and they didn’t ask for them. I kept the application as simple as possible for the case worker.

drpbalaji1960 – what information you need on MN1 application?

orange01

Post by orange01 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:15 am

Pratikshah2008 wrote:Congratulations orange01 !!!!!

is it possible to share your covering letter format by any chance ?-

here you go - thats is what I have used:

XX-XX-XX

The UK Border Agency
Vulcan House
Riverside Entrance
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NU

Dear Sir/Madam,

Subject: Request to grant Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK

I am currently living in the UK and have a valid Tier 1 (General) visa, which is due to expire on XXXXX. I am working as a salaried employee of XXXXXXXXX. I would like to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain visa.

I have enclosed the following document in support of my application:

1. ILR Set (O) Application (post 6 April 2013) form for the main and dependant applicant with DEBIT card details for payment of the fee.

2. Points Based Calculator – work out sheet printed from PBS online system showing points claimed

3. Age:
Date of Birth – XXXXXX
Age (at date of application for first grant) – XXXXXX
Present Age – XXXXXX
Evidence Provided - Passports (Old & New)
Points Claimed: XX

4. Qualification:
MSc in Management and International Business Degree
Evidence submitted - Original Degree Certificate
Evidence provided with the previous Tier 1 (General) application.

5. Previous Earnings:
Total Gross Salary: XXXXXX
Evidence Submitted:
(a) Original payslips from XXXX for 12 months
(b) Original XXXX Bank Statements for last 12 months
(c) Letter explaining last 12 months earning (see enclosed Past Earnings Explanation)
Contact Address for Employer:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Contact Address for Bank:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

6. United Kingdom Experience:
Evidence Submitted:
Orginal payslips from XXXXX for last 12 months
Points Claimed: X

7. Dependant 1:
Name – XXXXXXX
Relationship with main applicant - Wife
Evidence submitted:
(a) Marriage certificate
(b) Dependant’s Passport

8. Absence Dates from UK (Main Applicant)
Total number of days outside UK in Last 5 Years – XXXX

Date From Date To Number of Days Reason
XXXX XXXX XX Annual Leave: Holiday in France
XXXX XXXX XX Annual Leave: Brother’s Wedding and Visiting Family
XXXX XXXX XX XXXXXXX
XXXX XXXX XX XXXXXXX
XXXXX XXXX XX XXXXXX
XXXX XXXX XX Annual Leave: Visiting Family

9. Life in the UK
Evidence submitted:
(a) Pass certificate for Life in the UK test for main applicant (XXXXX)
(b) Pass certificate for Life in the UK test for dependant applicant (XXXXX)

10. Co-habitation Documentation with my Wife (XXXXX)
We stayed together at one address from XXXXX to till date and as documentation I have included the following documents:
• Marriage Certificate
• Tenancy Agreement
• Council Tax bills
• Water bills
• Gas and Electric letter
• Joint account bank statements

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or require any further information, please contact me.

Yours faithfully,

XXXXXXX

XXXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXX
XXX

===============================================

PAST EARNINGS EXPLANATION

Point Claimed: XX Salary Earned: XXXX Salary Band: XXXX

I would like to bring in your kind notice that I have worked for one employer, XXXXX, on a full time basis during last 12 months. Salary explanation is as below:

I am submitting the following evidence from two different sources as earned during past 12 months from XXXXX, as mentioned in the Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) – Guidance notes:

I. Payslips: Original payslips from employer. Detailed break-up of the salary is shown below in table.
II. Original Bank Statement: Showing the said amount deposited into my bank account.
Month/Year Employer Gross Salary Net Salary
XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX