ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation & citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Donking
Newly Registered

Post by Donking » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:45 am

Hello All,

Please I need your advice

I currently hold an indefinite leave to remain which was issued in May 2012. My family and I would like to apply for naturalisation and I have a question regarding my son.

I have a 3 year old son, who was born here in the UK. At the time of his birth, both my wife (mother) and I were on Tier 1 General extension visa (FLR). I have gone through the MN1 guidance and noted that for children born here in the UK, they have a right of registration following settlement of their parents however not clear if this means that we have to submit a MN1 application or not.

I would like to confirm if we need to make a MN1 application for my son as well at the same time we’re applying for naturalisation or if we can go ahead and apply for his British passport.

Thank you in anticipation of your response(s)

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:16 am

You can apply for your UK born child (using MN1 form) at any time.

See Children 'here'.

Donking
Newly Registered

Post by Donking » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:13 am

Thanks Guru