ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I m EEA2 what my kids national passport will be?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cdyz5
Pakistan

I m EEA2 what my kids national passport will be?

Post by cdyz5 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:29 am

Hi

I am pakistan national and having a EEA2 visa. I have two kids age 16 month and other 3 month. My wife is from lithuania, living in UK for alomost 10 year. she never applied for PR.

Question I need to ask you is. what national my kids are, they have their birth certificate of UK. I need to make their passports but when filling the application form at parents marriage section they cant have the british passport as I am not british. If i chose on my wife behalf they asking for her Grandfather and Grandmother details only if they are british but my wife parents are lithuania. kindly please clear this to me. otherwise i need to make their lithuania passports.

regards.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:34 am

I would suggest your wife sends in an EEA3 form to get her PR confirmed (she has probably acquired it already automatically). If she does that before 1 July it is still free of charge (from 1 July a £55 fee will be charged). The accompanying letter will then also tell you that your kids can be registered as a British Citizen.
It may be possible to get a UK passport for your kids straightaway, but you will then need to provide (with the passport application) all the evidence that your wife has already acquired PR. It's easier if the PR is confirmed separately first.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:44 am

If the children were born in the UK, AND your wife had PR at the time, then they are British and can apply for a passport. However, you will need to get together proof that your wife had PR at the time of their births.

Does your wife have a continuous period of 5 years' exercising treaty rights (e.g. work) in the UK, for which she can provide evidence?

If she did not have PR when they were born, but she does now, then you will need to register the children as British before they can get a passport.

If you need the passport sooner, is there any reason why you cannot get them Lithuanian passports first, and then British ones later?

ETA: beaten to it by fysicus!

zubby007
Member of Standing

Re: I m EEA2 what my kids national passport will be?

Post by zubby007 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:32 pm

cdyz5 wrote:Hi

I am pakistan national and having a EEA2 visa. I have two kids age 16 month and other 3 month. My wife is from lithuania, living in UK for alomost 10 year. she never applied for PR.

Question I need to ask you is. what national my kids are, they have their birth certificate of UK. I need to make their passports but when filling the application form at parents marriage section they cant have the british passport as I am not british. If i chose on my wife behalf they asking for her Grandfather and Grandmother details only if they are british but my wife parents are lithuania. kindly please clear this to me. otherwise i need to make their lithuania passports.

regards.

In my own opinion you got three options
1 Pakistani as you are a Pakistani National EEA2 RC is just a Confirmation of your right to reside in the UK.
2 Lithuanian as your wife is a Lithuanian National.
3 British if your wife can proof she got her PR before their births.
best of Luck

cdyz5
Pakistan

Post by cdyz5 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:23 pm

fysicus wrote:I would suggest your wife sends in an EEA3 form to get her PR confirmed (she has probably acquired it already automatically). If she does that before 1 July it is still free of charge (from 1 July a £55 fee will be charged). The accompanying letter will then also tell you that your kids can be registered as a British Citizen.
It may be possible to get a UK passport for your kids straightaway, but you will then need to provide (with the passport application) all the evidence that your wife has already acquired PR. It's easier if the PR is confirmed separately first.
Please advise me how can my wife acquired it automatically the PR? she never applied it. she has a document called work registration scheme paper. however she been working with record (mean have a wages slip since 2006) to 2013.

the other question do we I mean she need to apply for PR or she just apply for British passport.

your advise will be much appreciated.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:17 pm

Assuming she registered for WRS (Worker Registration Scheme) in 2006 and worked for 5 continuous years, the she has obtained PR automatically in 2011 (after 5 years working). Any child born in the UK after that is British from birth. All that is needed is to apply for a passport using a form you can get from the post office (form is free). You will need to send 5 P60 from years before the child birth (2006-2011) to prove to the passport authority she has PR status. You should get the passport in 2-3 weeks.

Please note that Lithuania doesn't allow dual nationality and the children might lose their Lithuanian nationality if they apply for a British passport (you will need to check the details).

cdyz5
Pakistan

Post by cdyz5 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:53 am

Jambo wrote:Assuming she registered for WRS (Worker Registration Scheme) in 2006 and worked for 5 continuous years, the she has obtained PR automatically in 2011 (after 5 years working). Any child born in the UK after that is British from birth. All that is needed is to apply for a passport using a form you can get from the post office (form is free). You will need to send 5 P60 from years before the child birth (2006-2011) to prove to the passport authority she has PR status. You should get the passport in 2-3 weeks.

Please note that Lithuania doesn't allow dual nationality and the children might lose their Lithuanian nationality if they apply for a British passport (you will need to check the details).
Hi thank for reply. she have gaps but not years gap only few months gaps. for example. doing temporary job once that finished start looking for the other one. she does not have the P45 or P60. does have the wage slips and the offer letter. will they be enough, please advise?

your advice will be much appriciated

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:40 am

If your wife was always working, or actively looking for work, then she likely has PR. It sounds like she probably got it in 2011. She should apply for the PR confirmation. And then apply for child passport.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:31 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:If your wife was always working, or actively looking for work, then she likely has PR. It sounds like she probably got it in 2011. She should apply for the PR confirmation. And then apply for child passport.
PR confirmation (EEA3/4) would be useful for future children. For your current children you will need to provide proof of PR before their birth. PR Confirmation only confirms from date of issue.

If she doesn't have P60s, then payslips, letter from employer or HMRC employment history (just call HMRC for that. They post in within a few days) would do the trick.