ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SWITCHING FROM FLR(O 10 YEARS ROUTE TO FLR (M) 5 YRS ROUTE ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

justice12
Algeria

SWITCHING FROM FLR(O 10 YEARS ROUTE TO FLR (M) 5 YRS ROUTE ?

Post by justice12 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:25 pm

HI GUYS,
HOPE SOMEBODY CAN HELP WITH THIS !
I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN GRANTED 30 MONTH LTR ON THE 10 YEARS FAMILY ROUTE DUE TO MY FAMILY LIFE IN THE UK ( BR WIFE +BR DAUGHTER)
NOW I THOUGHT OF SWITCHING TO FLR M (5 YEARS ROUTE) COZ MY WIFE EARN ABOVE THE £ 18.600 .
NOW THE QUESTION IS , IS THAT POSSIBLE ?
AND IF IT'S CAN I APPLY RIGHT NOW ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE. :D

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:33 pm

Yes, but your residence period will be reset to zero; your previous leave under the 10 year family life route will not be aggregated. However, give its recent introduction I doubt that matters and the switch will be a quicker route.

They may be able to qualify for settlement more quickly if they subsequently apply and qualify for the 5-year partner (or 5-year parent) route (and then restart their probationary period before settlement under that route).

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Yes, but your residence period will be reset to zero; your previous leave under the 10 year family life route will not be aggregated. However, give its recent introduction I doubt that matters and the switch will be a quicker route.

They may be able to qualify for settlement more quickly if they subsequently apply and qualify for the 5-year partner (or 5-year parent) route (and then restart their probationary period before settlement under that route).
MANY THANKS LUCA MUCH APPRECIATED
BUT HOW COME IS NOT GOING TO BE A QUICKER ROUTE !
I STILL HAVE 10 YEARS TO SETTLEMENT , THAT'S A LONG WAIT BUT IF I SWITCH RIGHT NOW I WILL APPLY FOR SETTLEMENT IN 5 YEARS TIME,
ALSO IF YOU DON'T MIND CAN YOU GIVE ME THE LINK WHERE I CAN READ ABOUT THIS .
THANKS

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:58 pm

justice12 wrote:BUT HOW COME IS NOT GOING TO BE A QUICKER ROUTE
I said it would indeed be a quicker to get ILR if you switched. I'm sorry if that was ambiguous.
Lucapooka wrote: and the switch will be a quicker route.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Tip: if you are presented with a direct quote from a source that has no hyperlink, simply select the entire text and left-click>search google. The first hit in the search list should be the original source.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
justice12 wrote:BUT HOW COME IS NOT GOING TO BE A QUICKER ROUTE
I said it would indeed be a quicker to get ILR if you switched. I'm sorry if that was ambiguous.
Lucapooka wrote: and the switch will be a quicker route.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Tip: if you are presented with a direct quote from a source that has no hyperlink, simply select the entire text and left-click>search google. The first hit in the search list should be the original source.
Thanks MUCH APPRECIATED

nanaaddo80

SWITCHING 10 YEAR FAMILY ROUTE

Post by nanaaddo80 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:46 am

HI
My wife has just been granted the 30 month Leave To Remain under the 10 Year Family Route and looking at the options of switching if possible once i can meet the financial requirement of £18.600
Switching this route or going the Surinder Singh Route which is more less difficult
Thank you

rajaumar31
Newly Registered

Re: SWITCHING FROM FLR(O 10 YEARS ROUTE TO FLR (M) 5 YRS ROU

Post by rajaumar31 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:06 am

I have a question regarding my brother and his wife,
Actually my sister in law came to UK as a student in 2004, in 2006 she got married with my brother who also was on student visa, she left UK in July 2009 and then she applied for a new visa of student dependent of my brother along with their kids and in may 2010 she came back to UK, then in 2011 my brother switched to Tier 1 general visa and they became dependent on that visa.
my brother got his ILR few months ago but on Long term residency visa.
so,
Can my sister in law apply for ILR on long term residency basis or FLR? (although she was out of country for more than 9 months during July 2010 to may 2011)
they have 3 kids all born in UK and eldest one is about 8 years old.

please help as its quite difficult situation.

many thanks

Raja