ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP & Tier 2 ILR eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

srivathsa

WP & Tier 2 ILR eligibility

Post by srivathsa » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:39 am

Hello All,

I posted this question on Tier 2 Visas forum in reply to other question, but got no response, so placing the question here as it seems appropriate.

My details as below

Dec 2008 - came to the UK on workpermit visa, valid for 1 year.

Dec 2009 - at the end of workpermit, applied for sponsorship extension within the uk, but had to go back to India and apply for visa extension, and was given a Tier 2 ICT visa for 6 months. (out of the country for about 1 week & more).

Jun 2010 - got my Tier 2 ICT EST Staff leave to remain resident permit card within the UK for another 2 years.

Jun 2012 - got my Tier 2 ICT Long Term leave to remain resident permit card within the UK for another 2 years.

So, by Dec 3013 I would have completed 5 years of working in the UK. All of the above extensions were part of the same job and role and I became a permanent staff in the UK in Jun 2010.

Just wanted to know if I would be eligible to apply for ILR by dec 2013?

would the gap in 2009 when I went back to India to renew the visa and come back be a break in 5 continuous years or the '3 months rule' would help me.

Thanks for your help.

Srivathsa