ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 refused and I do not quite understand why

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kulemeg
Newly Registered

EEA2 refused and I do not quite understand why

Post by kulemeg » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:16 pm

Hello I would like to ask what are our options and what would be the best to do next. My wife's EEA residence permit has been refused as according to UKBA I have failed to provide evidence that I am qualified person as a self-employed. As a reason for refusal UKBA claims that I supplied NINO contribution bills for last 6 months, HMRC tax returns, payments and tax overpayment refunds from 2005 until now, invoices sent to me and sent by me etc.... The best bit says " while it is accepted that your EEA family member has been making regular tax payments they have not provided sufficient evidence that he ( means me ) is economically active in the UK at the time of application." So I pay tax but somehow I am not economically active , at least according to UKBA and I am really not sure what to think of that, and also the intellect of person who dealt with our application... Anyway what would be the best course of action now - to reapply and send them literally 20 pounds heavy envelope with every single letter, invoice, and all business correspondence for say last 2 or 10 years or to appeal to immigration and asylum tribunal ? Also in case we re - apply, would it be possible to to apply for EEA2 and EEA3 at the same time ? thank you
Last edited by kulemeg on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chinouk

Re: EEA2 refused and I do not quite understand why

Post by chinouk » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi kulemeg, my case was exactly same as yours. my civil partner is self-employed too, and funny thing is on the refusal letter, it said same things. well what we did is write back a letter to the case worker ask for reconsideration, if he accepts, we will send all supporting document to him, if not we will go for appealing. He accepted, and I just got my RC today. took him one day to make the decision. so try it.

in term of supporting document, we sent around 5kg, my bf past 5 years bank statements, business activities etc. cost us 50 quid for special delivery. anyway, good luck.

kulemeg wrote:Hello I would like to ask what are our options and what would be the best to do next. My wife's EEA residence permit has been refused as according to UKBA I have failed to provide evidence that I am qualified person as a self-employed. As a reason for refusal UKBA claims that I supplied NINO contribution bills for last 6 months, HMRC tax returns, payments and tax overpayment refunds from 2005 until now, invoices sent to me and sent by me etc.... The best bit says " while it is accepted that your EEA family member has been making regular tax payments they have not provided sufficient evidence that he ( means me ) is economically active in the UK at the time of application." So I pay tax but somehow I am not economically active , at least according to UKBA and I am really not sure what to think of that, an the intellect of person who dealt with our application... Anyway what would be the best course of action now - to reapply and send them literally 20 pounds heavy envelope with every single letter, invoice, and all business correspondence for say last 2 or 10 years or to appeal to immigration and asylum tribunal ? Also in case we re - apply, would it be possible to to apply for EEA2 and EEA3 at the same time ? thank you

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Applying and appealing are options you can explore simultaneously .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors