ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Settlement Application from Nigeria (Timelines only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Adima
Newly Registered

Spouse Settlement Application from Nigeria (Timelines only)

Post by Adima » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:37 pm

Spouse settlement application submitted at Ikeja Lagos on Friday 10.05.13
Supporting documents sent by DHL to UKBA Sheffield on Friday 10.05.13
Supporting documents received at UKBA Sheffield on Monday 13.05.13
Passport/Application received by UKBA Sheffield on Wednesday 29.05.13
Still waiting

dada

Post by dada » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:21 pm

It's interesting that they put up the prices from £829 to £900 and still managed to transfer the cost of sending the application to the applicant. When I submitted mine, it was still 'free'

nameoh12
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Settlement Application from Nigeria (Timelines on

Post by nameoh12 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Adima wrote:Spouse settlement application submitted at Ikeja Lagos on Friday 10.05.13
Still waiting
spouse application and supporting documents sent on 22/04/2013 at vfs ikeja ,lagos
still waiting

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Spouse settlement application submitted at Ikeja Lagos

Post by iyanu » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:22 am

Spouse settlement application submitted at Ikeja Lagos - 18/06/2013
Supporting documents sent via Post Office (Next day Service) to UKBA Sheffield - 25/06/2013
Supporting documents received at UKBA Sheffield - 26/06/2013
Passport/Application received by UKBA Sheffield - 09/07/2013

Visa decision - Still waiting

Hi guys,

Can someone confirm to me who will send Passport/Application forms to UKBA Sheffield and when will it be sent?
Last edited by iyanu on Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adima
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse settlement application submitted at Ikeja Lagos

Post by Adima » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:03 am

iyanu wrote:Spouse settlement application submitted at Ikeja Lagos - 18/06/2013
Supporting documents sent via Post Office (Next day Service) to UKBA Sheffield - 25/06/2013
Passport/Application received by UKBA Sheffield - 'yet to be received'

Hi guys,

Can someone confirm to me who will send Passport/Application forms to UKBA Sheffield and when will it be sent?
Passport, Biometrics and application are submitted at any VFS office in Nigeria. These items are then forwarded by VFS to British Deputy High Commission in Nigeria. It is British Deputy High Commission in Nigeria that then sends your Passport and application to UKBA Sheffield where a decision is made on your application. The applicant has to send supporting documents to UKBA Sheffield before the application can be assessed.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:31 am

iyanu wrote:
Spouse settlement application submitted at Ikeja Lagos - 18/06/2013
Passport/Application received by UKBA Sheffield - 09/07/2013

Hi guys,

Passport, Biometrics and application are submitted at any VFS office in Nigeria. These items are then forwarded by VFS to British Deputy High Commission in Nigeria. It is British Deputy High Commission in Nigeria that then sends your Passport and application to UKBA Sheffield where a decision is made on your application. The applicant has to send supporting documents to UKBA Sheffield before the application can be assessed.

Many thanks Adima...I had figured that out that it would be the DBHC Lagos or BHC Abuja. And I think from the above post it will be approximately 3 weeks to get to Sheffield.

Thanks for your response once more ... really appreciate :)
Last edited by iyanu on Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

temmyt

Post by temmyt » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi guys. I applied late April for my son from Nigeria. Will this be treated in niger or Sheffield. I was not told to send any documents to Sheffield as I submitted all document at time of application. Thanks b

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:42 pm

@temmyt,

This rule just started May 1, 2013. It does not apply to you when you applied in April.

temmyt

Post by temmyt » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:20 pm

Thanks Iyanu. I heared it will be treated in Sheffield though. Is this true

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:18 am

temmyt wrote:Thanks Iyanu. I heared it will be treated in Sheffield though. Is this true
It was stated on UKBA website that all spouse /partner applications from Nigeria will be treated at Sheffield as from May 1st, but I submitted by wife's application at Lagos on January 7th 2013, and was treated at Sheffiled because the reference number bears "SHEFF" when the decision came.

Adima
Newly Registered

Post by Adima » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:48 pm

johnj1 wrote:
temmyt wrote:Thanks Iyanu. I heared it will be treated in Sheffield though. Is this true
It was stated on UKBA website that all spouse /partner applications from Nigeria will be treated at Sheffield as from May 1st, but I submitted by wife's application at Lagos on January 7th 2013, and was treated at Sheffiled because the reference number bears "SHEFF" when the decision came.

Hello JohnJ1, Please how long did it take before a decision was reached? You applied in Lagos January 7th 2013 when did you collect the visa,passport and supporting documents from VFS office Lagos? Thanks

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:18 pm

Adima wrote:
johnj1 wrote:

Hello JohnJ1, Please how long did it take before a decision was reached? You applied in Lagos January 7th 2013 when did you collect the visa,passport and supporting documents from VFS office Lagos? Thanks
I got the decision back in mid-March, which was refused, but definitely the decision was made at Sheffield, like I said earlier the reference number was " SHEFF". Most spouse applications takes 90 days or more.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:07 pm

@jOHNJ1 said:

Sorry about the refusal ... Can you please share with us the reason the ECO gave for refusing your application?
Last edited by iyanu on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adima
Newly Registered

Post by Adima » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:55 pm

johnj1 wrote:
Adima wrote:
johnj1 wrote:

I got the decision back in mid-March, which was refused, but definitely the decision was made at Sheffield, like I said earlier the reference number was " SHEFF". Most spouse applications takes 90 days or more.
Hello John, Very sorry for the refusal. Please what was the reason for refusal? Many thanks and warm regards.

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:00 pm

Adima wrote:
johnj1 wrote:
Adima wrote:
johnj1 wrote:

Hello JohnJ1, Please how long did it take before a decision was reached? You applied in Lagos January 7th 2013 when did you collect the visa,passport and supporting documents from VFS office Lagos?

Thanks
Hello John, Very sorry for the refusal. Please what was the reason for refusal? Many thanks and warm regards.
The reason for refusal was based on " Subsisting Relationship" meaning the ECO believes that the marriage is not genuie, this was the second refusal, I appealed against the first refusal which the ECM decided that ECO made a mistake, and I was granted visa 2 weeks ago, so the second appeal was withdrawn, but I did engaged the services of immigration lawyer who helped me to draft re-consideration letter to ECM for the first appeal.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:31 pm

johnj1 said:
The reason for refusal was based on " Subsisting Relationship" meaning the ECO believes that the marriage is not genuie, this was the second refusal, I appealed against the first refusal which the ECM decided that ECO made a mistake, and I was granted visa 2 weeks ago, so the second appeal was withdrawn, but I did engaged the services of immigration lawyer who helped me to draft re-consideration letter to ECM for the first appeal.
Many thanks John for taking time to explain...is just that I am a bit curious, can you please provide us the list of the supporting documents that was submitted with your application to show that your relationship with your wife is subsisting?

As you know i have my application in right now and many more people will want to know what actually makes a good supporting document list to show that a relationship is subsisting.

temmyt

Post by temmyt » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:41 pm

Guys. I know this is for spouses. But as am a Nigerian and applied for my son in the 28th of April. Visa issued 8th of July. Thanks all. Wishing all the best. P

Adima
Newly Registered

Post by Adima » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:55 pm

temmyt wrote:Guys. I know this is for spouses. But as am a Nigerian and applied for my son in the 28th of April. Visa issued 8th of July. Thanks all. Wishing all the best. P

Congratulations Temmyt

temmyt

Post by temmyt » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Thank you!!! Just got sent a picture of d visa and it was actually issued on the 14th of May!!! Wow.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:28 am

temmyt said
Thank you!!! Just got sent a picture of d visa and it was actually issued on the 14th of May!!! Wow.
Congratulations! ...that was very quick but how come you received the passport late then, any ideas?

temmyt

Post by temmyt » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:43 am

Oh I have no idea. Was shocked when I saw the valid from date to be that. OR could it have been backdated. Or is it the time it took to. Get to Nigeria from Sheffied. No idea

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:09 am

temmyt wrote:
Oh I have no idea. Was shocked when I saw the valid from date to be that. OR could it have been backdated. Or is it the time it took to. Get to Nigeria from Sheffied. No idea
Thanks for the response...could it be the date you stated on your application form as the date you intended to travel?

Adima
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Settlement Application from Nigeria (Timelines on

Post by Adima » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Adima wrote:Spouse settlement application submitted at Ikeja Lagos on Friday 10.05.13
Still waiting

Exactly 9 weeks today....still waiting.....

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:04 am

@Adima, send UKBA Sheffield a letter for update here - VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Adima
Newly Registered

Post by Adima » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:12 am

iyanu wrote:@Adima, send UKBA Sheffield a letter for update here - VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Many thanks Iyanu, I sent an email to Visasheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on Monday 15th of July and till date i have not received a reply on the status of my application.
Please do you have an idea how long, it takes for them to reply?
Warm regards.