ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When new guidelines for citizenship will be out?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pqek

When new guidelines for citizenship will be out?

Post by Pqek » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:55 pm

I'm due to apply for citizenship on the 28th October; based on the statement of intent issued in April, I'm meant to demonstrate my ability to speak and understand English.

I have done my IELTS on last week in order to fulfil this requirement, however The home office have not published any further information related to this subject.

When are we likely to get the new forms to fill and the documentation that is needed to present. I would like to have this ready as soon as possible. I have already booked my NCS appointment for that day.

cricinfo

Re: When new guidelines for citizenship will be out?

Post by cricinfo » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:27 am

Pqek wrote:I'm due to apply for citizenship on the 28th October; based on the statement of intent issued in April, I'm meant to demonstrate my ability to speak and understand English.

I have done my IELTS on last week in order to fulfil this requirement, however The home office have not published any further information related to this subject.

When are we likely to get the new forms to fill and the documentation that is needed to present. I would like to have this ready as soon as possible. I have already booked my NCS appointment for that day.
Proposed english language test is at B1 level or above. Also see this link;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

I assume new form and guidelines will be announced near to the date.

Pqek

Re: When new guidelines for citizenship will be out?

Post by Pqek » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:25 pm

I know that, the question is when "near to the date" is?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:30 pm

wish we had a crystal ball to foresee the future.

olazh

Post by olazh » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:24 pm

Is IELTS same as ESOL level B1?

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:35 pm

olazh wrote:Is IELTS same as ESOL level B1?
No, there are different types of tests to demonstrate English proficiency; IELTS is one of them, and ESOL is another one.

IELTS is more difficult and mainly used for academic purposes. I.e. If you are getting into a university in the UK and your first language is not English. It is the British version of Toefl in the USA.