ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel out of country after citizenship certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

umeruzair

Can I travel out of country after citizenship certificate

Post by umeruzair » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:13 pm

Can I travel after getting the citizenship ceremony sorted and got the certificate, do I still needs to apply for passport immediately or I can travel out of country and sort this out later? Under which category would I be whilst travelling abroad.

Thanks

nnj10

Re: Can I travel out of country after citizenship certificat

Post by nnj10 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:21 am

umeruzair wrote:Can I travel after getting the citizenship ceremony sorted and got the certificate, do I still needs to apply for passport immediately or I can travel out of country and sort this out later? Under which category would I be whilst travelling abroad.

Thanks
I believe applying for British Passport is not mandatory once you have your citizenship certificate, you are officially british citizen.

So you can very well travel after you have received your citizenship certificate using the passport from your home country.
But be aware, some countries may have restriction (due to NO dual nationality laws) on travel and.or may have to pay fine, if the travel period is after several months of getting british passport.

I am sure, experts will be along here to advice more.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:48 am

sage thanks for your reply....

I am not concern about the country I am flying to as they have dual nationality laws in place. The issue here is whether when I return back to UK would I still be able to enter into the country on this basis or my legal status would be none. Also if anybody had experience of this with the Biometric ILR card so please share your experience as whether after the nationality ceremony do they return your biometric visa or retain it? So you can travel on it.

Thanks

RobertRichards
Newly Registered

Post by RobertRichards » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:00 am

I guess it should be possible traveling with citizenship certificate..I just ponder about it's their advantages too.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:35 am

umeruzair wrote:sage thanks for your reply....

I am not concern about the country I am flying to as they have dual nationality laws in place. The issue here is whether when I return back to UK would I still be able to enter into the country on this basis or my legal status would be none. Also if anybody had experience of this with the Biometric ILR card so please share your experience as whether after the nationality ceremony do they return your biometric visa or retain it? So you can travel on it.

Thanks
You still can travel using your old passport but you might have to answer a few questions to IO at airport as when you become BC your ILR would become invalid technically. IO may ask you few questions if he/she detects it

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:02 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.