ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizen married an US citizen on visitor Visa in UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xkasim
Newly Registered

Irish Citizen married an US citizen on visitor Visa in UK

Post by xkasim » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:19 pm

I am an Irish citizen Living and working in the UK, Married to an US citizen partner.

After getting married in Pakistan we came to the UK together 3 months ago.

She entered the UK as Visitor (6 months visitor visa stamped at the Airport).

I have looked into EEA Family permit but that requires applying from outside the UK

I believe by working in the UK I am exercising my treaty rights

Now I want to know what are our options for her to remain and start working legally in the UK.

In simple we don't want her to go to America or Pakistan instead apply while she is here in the UK as a visitor.

Your Europe
Newly Registered

Post by Your Europe » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:46 am

You can have a look here to find the information you need about living in another EU country with your partner: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/re ... nts_en.htm

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:48 pm

I am moving your thread to the EEA section.

There is no need for you to apply for a visa outside the UK. Simply apply for a residence card in the UK.

Member of Standing

Post by member » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:50 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I am moving your thread to the EEA section.

There is no need for you to apply for a visa outside the UK. Simply apply for a residence card in the UK.

What should the OP's wife do if the RC is not approved in time (before the expiry of her visitor visa)?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:24 am

member wrote:

What should the OP's wife do if the RC is not approved in time (before the expiry of her visitor visa)?
Nothing, just wait.

Member of Standing

Post by member » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:24 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
member wrote:

Nothing, just wait.

Just wonder what is the RC applicant's immigration status after the visitor visa expires? :?:

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:22 am

The UK does not make it mandatory for non-EU family members of EU nationals to obtain residence documentation. Status would be family member of a union citizen.

I would apply for a residence card in order to avoid inconvenience.