ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can any successful applicant confirm:

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Priya_Rai

Can any successful applicant confirm:

Post by Priya_Rai » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi, i would appreciate if any recently successful applicant can confirm that they used a professional referee like doctor/nurse or colleague who noted that they know the applicant as work colleague/as patient i.e. in professional capacity rather than as a friend for example?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:24 pm

I used a registered nurse for my application and the nurse wrote 'work colleague and that i am also a patient' and for my daughter i used a teacher and the teacher wrote 'teacher and mentor for XX in sixth form as well as head of department'
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Priya_Rai

Post by Priya_Rai » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:24 pm

CR001 wrote:I used a registered nurse for my application and the nurse wrote 'work colleague and that i am also a patient' and for my daughter i used a teacher and the teacher wrote 'teacher and mentor for XX in sixth form as well as head of department'
thanks CR001. I got concerned looking at the highlighted line of this post:
sh1981 wrote:
LondonApplicant wrote:
Furthermore a referee who is a professional person should have had dealings with the applicant otherwise than in a professional capacity. However we would expect there to have been regular face-to-face contact between the applicant and his or her referees over the three-year period, such that both referees could confidently assert that the photograph submitted with the form was a true likeness of the person making the application.
could you explain the bit in bold please. i mean say its a company director, the company i work for. does he qualify as my referee? or it has to be a company director of a company i was not employed by?

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:38 pm

Both of my referees were colleagues and my application was successful. I don't think it is a problem provided you are not related.

Good luck

Priya_Rai

Post by Priya_Rai » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:44 pm

RoyalFlush wrote:Both of my referees were colleagues and my application was successful. I don't think it is a problem provided you are not related.

Good luck
thanks RoyalFlush, thats very reassuring. Did you referees wrote the know you as colleague or as friend?

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:21 pm

You are most welcome Priya.

The exact wording that both of my referees used as follows: "work colleague"

Hope it helps.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:07 am

One of my referees was a retired SW and also family friend. The second was my dentist who stated knowing me as a patient.

Priya_Rai

Post by Priya_Rai » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:18 am

Thanks a lot RyalFlush and Plum70. That puts my mind at ease. Really appreciate your help.

niteshj

Post by niteshj » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:32 pm

why are you worried? the guidance clearly states who you cannot use as a referee (e.g. relative, someone that works for HO) .. as long as they do not fall into this category there are no issues - they can be friend, colleague, etc