ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

For first passport,ILR Biometric Card alongwith Passport ??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vicky101
Newly Registered

For first passport,ILR Biometric Card alongwith Passport ??

Post by vicky101 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi,

I will soon be applying for my first adult passport (after naturalisation). As I hold ILR biometric card, do I need to send it IPS alongwith my current passport ? Couldn't find anything related to same on passport help guide.

Vicky

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:14 pm

Hi Vicky,

You do not need to send your ILR biometric card. Just your passport, 2x photos and naturalisation certificate.

I did my application this way through the post office check and send thi Friday. There was no request for my ILR biometric card. This agrees with what is requested. See:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-pa ... pplication

Born outside the UK
You have a certificate of naturalisation or registration

You must send:

- your naturalisation or registration certificate
- the passport you used to come into the UK or foreign passport you’re included on

Good luck

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:52 am

This might be confusing for some people if, like me, they already held several passports since first residing in the UK.

In my case I provided all three of mine and was told my the PO check and send agent to include my PR document which had been issued on an ISD.

vicky101
Newly Registered

Post by vicky101 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:42 am

Plum70 wrote:This might be confusing for some people if, like me, they already held several passports since first residing in the UK.

In my case I provided all three of mine and was told my the PO check and send agent to include my PR document which had been issued on an ISD.
Does it means I should also send my PR Biometric card alongwith the application ? I have single passport and have all visa stickers except ILR (which is on biometric card) on passport.

Appreciate more people may provide their feedback who have applied recently for passport with BIOMetric ILR Card.

Cheers
Vicky

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:38 pm

With all due respect, the guys at the Post Office are not very well trained from my own personal experience. If you read through the threads, you will get that sentiment repeated many times.

You only need to provide your current passport (in your case). ILR is definitely NOT listed as a required document (or even optional).

Vicky, I understand that you want clarity. I suggest that you call IPS advice line: 0300 222 000 and ask them. They are really very helpful.

Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Zorowah
Newly Registered

Post by Zorowah » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:09 pm

You will need to send your BRP with your passport. Why do you think it is a requirement to send your current passport with your application. Do you think they need your passport to decorate their desks, they need it to verify your visas and if possible to cross-check it with HO. I will therefore urge you to send your BRP with your passport

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:24 pm

Zorowah wrote:You will need to send your BRP with your passport. Why do you think it is a requirement to send your current passport with your application. Do you think they need your passport to decorate their desks, they need it to verify your visas and if possible to cross-check it with HO. I will therefore urge you to send your BRP with your passport
Visas? Immigration status? The OP is a British citizen. Why would IPS care about his past immigration status.

Passport is required for security reasons (ID theft), nothing else.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:46 pm

Jambo wrote:
Zorowah wrote:You will need to send your BRP with your passport. Why do you think it is a requirement to send your current passport with your application. Do you think they need your passport to decorate their desks, they need it to verify your visas and if possible to cross-check it with HO. I will therefore urge you to send your BRP with your passport
Visas? Immigration status? The OP is a British citizen. Why would IPS care about his past immigration status.

Passport is required for security reasons (ID theft), nothing else.
That maybe so but when I rang, two separate IPS agents also advised me to include my PR doc. I might have been misinformed at the time but cannot know for sure.

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:56 pm

In addition to your passport you need to send your naturalisation certificate. That alone proves your status as a British citizen and it supersedes PR status.

niteshj

Post by niteshj » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:30 pm

there is no need to send any PR documentation nor the ILR Biometric card

if you are applying for passport by way of naturalisation then you just need to send your current passport and your citizenship certificate

Juan_C
Newly Registered

Re: For first passport,ILR Biometric Card alongwith Passport

Post by Juan_C » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:23 pm

Ok, from all said above, it is clear that only the passport and the naturalization certificate is required. I understand that after a few days they will return back all these documents to me along with a letter which allows me to request an appointment. So my question is, during these time, am I allow to travel and enter back to the UK?
This is confusing as I would not know if I could still present my current passport along with the ILR... Would I need to enter saying that I'm not British and just a permanent resident? or do i need to wait till my British passport arrives...
I'm stress as this could take up several weeks and I have a lot of pressure from my company to travel...
I know people who has the naturalization letter and never applied for the British passport, so they enter with the ILR, but in all these cases the ILR is a stamp in their original passport (not a biometric ILR...)

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:24 am

In all cases, you need your passport either British or foreign to travel and also need your BRP for now to enter the UK. Until you receive your British passport, please travel with your BRP, if you want to, you can take along your naturalisation certificate too.

Passport is key in all cases. BRP will get you back in until you receive your British Passport. All you need to show at the point of entry is a proof that you are legally resident here in the UK. Letting them know that you are a BC about to apply for your travel passport is no harm though. You are BC!!!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:49 am

It normally only takes 7-10 days from getting the foreign passport back until you get the British one and that includes scheduling an ID interview. Not sure there is much point travelling during that time.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)