ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport App Help Both Parent Deceased

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

macjackbauer
Newly Registered

Passport App Help Both Parent Deceased

Post by macjackbauer » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:34 am

hi all,

I do not want to share this but the fact is both of my parents are deceased when I was like 8 years old.

In the uk passport app, as both my parents are born oversea and not british,
i need to supply their DOB and blabla which is not a problems.

but, in the small letter it said, I have to provide IPS my father's parents & my mom's parents details all that, I know their names, but i do not know their DOB and all the inforamtion, what should I do ?

somebody told me just put their name down and also whether they are / or if they have previous applied British citizenship yet.

Is this correct

barnaby

Re: Passport App Help Both Parent Deceased

Post by barnaby » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:41 pm

macjackbauer wrote:it said, I have to provide IPS my father's parents & my mom's parents details all that, I know their names, but i do not know their DOB and all the inforamtion, what should I do ?
See the "Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting"

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:52 pm

Just include the information you know of (regarding your parents) and explain in the explanatory notes section that they were deceased in your youth and you do not know their dates of birth.

This should be no problem as your claim to British citizenship is via naturalisation and not descent.

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:01 pm

Plum70 wrote:Just include the information you know of (regarding your parents) and explain in the explanatory notes section that they were deceased in your youth and you do not know their dates of birth.

This should be no problem as your claim to British citizenship is via naturalisation and not descent.
The OP said that he knows his parents' dates of birth, etc. He is worried (unnecessarily) because he doesn't know his grandparents' details.