ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test - Query regarding Name

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ab2013
Newly Registered

Life in the UK test - Query regarding Name

Post by ab2013 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:27 pm

Hi All,

I was almost rejected to take the Life in the UK test (LIUK) , as I repeated my Full Name both in the Last Name and First Name boxes, as per my PASSPORT.
Actually, in my Passport I put my First Name & Last Name under the Given Names. There is no spelling mistake or change in the name, but re-entered twice.

But, the lady was kind enough to allow for the test and I could successfully complete. In the LIUK test certificate my Full name appears twice, both in First Name and Last Name.

I know this sounds stupid, but grateful if anyone could clarify whether if this will be a problem. If so, any options please.

Regards
ab2013

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Life in the UK test - Query regarding Name

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:55 pm

ab2013 wrote:Hi All,

I was almost rejected to take the Life in the UK test (LIUK) , as I repeated my Full Name both in the Last Name and First Name boxes, as per my PASSPORT.
Actually, in my Passport I put my First Name & Last Name under the Given Names. There is no spelling mistake or change in the name, but re-entered twice.

But, the lady was kind enough to allow for the test and I could successfully complete. In the LIUK test certificate my Full name appears twice, both in First Name and Last Name.

I know this sounds stupid, but grateful if anyone could clarify whether if this will be a problem. If so, any options please.

Regards
ab2013
Don't think it should be a problem. Now you cannot do any thing. Already your results would have been transmitted to the Home Office.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

ab2013
Newly Registered

Post by ab2013 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Thank you very much for the reply.

I called up the helpline (LIUK), even they advised that it's up to the Home office discretion. Only if they reject I will be allowed to retake the test.