ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incomplete Employment History

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gre.bm691

Incomplete Employment History

Post by gre.bm691 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi all

I will be applying for ILR in Sep but have encountered a serious issue.

I only had 2 out of 3 P60s from my previous employer and hence, following advice of this forum, called up HMRC to get the employment history letter.

To my surprise, I found out (after 7yrs) that my name was incorrect on the system (Surname swapped with first). I asked her to check the history of employment on the system and she could only trace me back to 2010 (my current job). She said that the name error could have led to the confusion. I also mentioned that my P60s and the payslips never had my NI number on them (I was told that this isnt a problem).

She asked me to get in touch with my ex-employers to get a statement of earning. However, I am not even sure if the company exists anymore.

Seniors, Any advise? I have a few payslips from the old job (a years) and 2 out of 3 P60s.

Aqeel

Re: Incomplete Employment History

Post by Aqeel » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:43 pm

gre.bm691 wrote:Hi all

I only had 2 out of 3 P60s from my previous employer and hence, following advice of this forum, called up HMRC to get the employment history letter.

To my surprise, I found out (after 7yrs) that my name was incorrect on the system (Surname swapped with first). I asked her to check the history of employment on the system and she could only trace me back to 2010 (my current job). She said that the name error could have led to the confusion. I also mentioned that my P60s and the payslips never had my NI number on them (I was told that this isnt a problem).

She asked me to get in touch with my ex-employers to get a statement of earning. However, I am not even sure if the company exists anymore.

Seniors, Any advise? I have a few payslips from the old job (a years) and 2 out of 3 P60s.
What category are you applying under?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:37 pm

Do you have the Employment Contract,Pay Slips,Bank Statements,while you were working for the previous Employer?
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:54 am

@Aqeel Thank You

I am applying under SET(O): Tier 1 since Sep 2008

@Kevin Thanks

I am not sure if I can find the contract. I have a few payslips (almost 12 months). I am not sure if the banks can generate the bank statements dating back 4-5years.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:46 am

gre.bm691 wrote:@Aqeel Thank You

@Kevin Thanks

I am not sure if I can find the contract. I have a few payslips (almost 12 months). I am not sure if the banks can generate the bank statements dating back 4-5years.
As far as i know under Tier 1 G you dont need to provide 5 years employment or tax history, you just have to provide proof for recent employment, etc to score points.
I did not provide any P60 or anything for previous years and the case worker did not ask either and it all went fine. best of luck mate.

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:21 pm

Call HMRC, ask them to send you your tax summary from last 5 years. They will only need few details from you i.e. NI number, address, etc.

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:40 pm

shahid2000 wrote:

@Kevin Thanks

As far as i know under Tier 1 G you dont need to provide 5 years employment or tax history, you just have to provide proof for recent employment, etc to score points.
I did not provide any P60 or anything for previous years and the case worker did not ask either and it all went fine. best of luck mate.

You are right mate. However, following a few cases on this forum, I am tempted to ensure that I carry the 5yr history with me. Worse case scenario would be to apply without the P60s and other employment history docs.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:23 am

gre.bm691 wrote:Hi Guys

I will be applying for ILR in September (**Tier 1**) but I am due to travel out and will be back in time for the application. However, I wont have much time to collect all the documents on return and hence want to prepare in advance. Please can the seniors review my current checklist? **No dependents

1. Cover Letter for all the points claimed
2. Personal Statement on Absences with the break down.
3. Medical documents from India supporting the absences
3. Current & Previous Passports
4. Letter from Employer stating my role, start of employment, and current salary package.
6. 12 months Payslips (2 are duplicates that have been attested by the accounts)
7. 12 months Bank Statements
8. Life in UK Test

Additional Documents
9. 3 P60s. For the missing P60s- Statement of earnings from ex-employers.
My first job records were lost by HMRC for some reason and hence, I was asked by them to request the ex-employers for a statement of earning.
10. Payslips for the last 3.5yr period.
11. HMRC employment history covering the last 3yrs.

THANK YOU!
sujyo wrote:How much is your absence?
gre.bm691 wrote:Thanks for replying. Following is the breakdown of my Away days:

27/09/2013 27/09/2012 30
26/09/2012 26/09/2011 36
26/09/2011 26/09/2010 27
26/09/2010 26/09/2009 153
26/09/2009 26/09/2008 140
gre.bm691 wrote:Can anyone please help? I have an appointment next week!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:25 am

Seems ok.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:45 pm

Thanks Amber

A question if I may

I have applied for the bank statements for the last year with my bank but they say it might take up to 7-10day. I hope it arrives earlier coz I only have 5 working days before my appointment.

In case it doesnt arrive, I am planning to print out *Filtered*bank statements and get the bank to stamp and sign this for me. By filtered, I mean I am filtering the statements down to only the entries of salary into my account. Will this be ok?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:58 pm

You show complete bank statement if you need to show bank statements. But yes, if they are stamped, signed and dated by the branch that should suffice.

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi Amber

They have stamped it for me, but say they don't sign bank statements. Will this be enough?

LondonStrawberry

Re:

Post by LondonStrawberry » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:22 pm

gre.bm691 wrote:
shahid2000 wrote:

@Kevin Thanks

You are right mate. However, following a few cases on this forum, I am tempted to ensure that I carry the 5yr history with me. Worse case scenario would be to apply without the P60s and other employment history docs.

Hi
I am going to apply for ILR on the basis of Tier 1 general next month. I have a few questions to ask please guide me.

1. I want to do same day application but just confuse that does it make any difference if I do by post or same day? And if I go for premium then do they interview you regarding your earnings, last 5 years employments record, your business, clients etc etc

2. Do they ask for last 5 years tax return, accounts or P60? In application form set (0) they ask for last 12 months payslips and accounts etc

3. If I send application by post then how much approx time they take for decision any idea?

4: what particular documents are required? I mean documents check list.

Please note I am self employed and doing a full time job as well. First 2years I was only self employed and now I do full time time and self employed as well.

Please guide me that would be great favour from members.

Regards

LondonStrawberry

Post by LondonStrawberry » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:18 pm

Hi mate,
I am going to apply ILR on the route of tier 1 general. I also don't have first 2 years employment record. Can you please share your experience with me about your appointment if they asked you questions etc? Please that would be great help for me

Thanks

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:43 pm

You can call HMRC and request for an employment letter, quoting "tax" when you call

Income Tax enquiries for individuals, pensioners and employees - 0300 200 3300

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:43 pm

You can call HMRC and request for an employment letter, quoting "tax" when you call

Income Tax enquiries for individuals, pensioners and employees - 0300 200 3300