ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

German Health Insurance for EEA Family Member

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ruthie

German Health Insurance for EEA Family Member

Post by ruthie » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:16 pm

Hi Gurus,

Wish someone could shed light on my questions. I am a British passport holder and now interviewing for a job in Germany. My current plan is to bring my non-EEA parents with me, exercise my treaty rights there for at least 6 months and come back together next year using Surinder Singh ruling to UK. They are aged 65 and 60, healthy and fit but financially dependent on me which I have many documents to prove.

I realize that after arriving in Germany, I would have to register our address(Anmeldung) and then apply German version of residence cards (Aufenthaltskarte) for them.

Now here is the thing. I am told that everyone needs to pay for long term health insurance in Germany, which we might be asked to provide documents for when apply for the Aufenthaltskarte. I was once planning only to get them travel insurance before told otherwise. On the other hand, I also read somewhere that as long as I have a job, insurance is not needed for visa purpose. So here are my questions,

1. Do I need to get German long term health insurance for my parents?
2. If yes, any one have a clue of the cost for elderly health insurance?
3. I also realize that I do not need to have a job or offer by the time they apply for EEA2 back in UK (Eind?Metock?), but in that case, do I need to cover them with health insurance too?

I really want to sort out the insurance thing before I leave for Germany. Hope someone could help me out here. Thanks.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Please do NOT open any additional threads!

ruthie

Post by ruthie » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:22 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Please do NOT open any additional threads!
Thanks, but this is the only thread I have opened for this topic.