ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document checklist Route: WP + TIER 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dk2011

Document checklist Route: WP + TIER 2

Post by dk2011 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:29 am

Hi,
Could you please verify below.

Route: WP + TIER 2(Entry Date: 06/Aug/2008, Appointment is on 15/Jul/2013)
SET 1: To be submitted (Including only those documents which is required in 11A(For ALL) and 11P (For Tier 2 migrants)
1. SET (O) –Version 04/2013
2. Passport + BRP + 2 Photos(Name written on the back side)
3. LIUK pass certificate.
4. Employer reference letter with SOC code, salary and confirmation that paid above the required rate. Also mentions about paid leave entitlement. All five years I have been with the same employer.
5. Last 3 months pay slips and corresponding bank statement.
6. UKBA payment confirmation letter.
7. UKBA email regarding confirmation of appointment.
8. Work permit
9.Excel sheet to highlight passport page for related stamping for absences. 123 days of total absences in qualifying period.
Will call bank and inform regarding fee payment 2 working days prior to appointment and would be carrying debit card with me.

SET 2: Would be carrying and submit only if required.
1. All five years P60
2. Bank statement and salary slips for the period covering absences.

Thanks!
Last edited by dk2011 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

conan_hn
Newly Registered

Post by conan_hn » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:50 am

Sounds good to me. Best of luck :)

amricu
Newly Registered

Post by amricu » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:26 am

Hi dk2011,

you are exactly the same situation like me (WP 2 years + Tier2 for 3 years) with the same employer . (i didnt book my appointment yet , but i plan the mid of this month)

one of the things which i had been told that i would need is the work permit. so maybe you will need to make this available as well. (hopefully one of the senior members will confirm for both of us)

Another thing , i ididnt manage to confirm this yet , as i didnt receive the letter from my employer yet ) what SOC code did you use (the new SOC2010 was out recently ) and when we had our COS it was SOC . so which one did you use in the application ?

keep in touch , maybe we both can confirm the application if you like.
Amricu

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:37 am

@conam_hn --Thanks
@amricu-- Thanks added WP. Regarding SOC code i got mentioned SOC 2010 . To be in safest side try for 2010 but if it is not possible with your employer then there is no need to take stress. You can search the forum and people have been successful with old SOC code. You can prepare a cover letter alongwith the mapping which case worker does anyway.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Document checklist Route: WP + TIER 2

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:18 pm

dk2011 wrote:Hi,

SET 1: To be submitted (Including only those documents which is required in 11A(For ALL) and 11P (For Tier 2 migrants)
4. Employer reference letter with SOC code, salary and confirmation that paid above the required rate. Also mentions about paid leave entitlement. All five years I have been with the same employer.
8. Work permit
9.Excel sheet to highlight passport page for related stamping for absences. 123 days of total absences in qualifying period.
Will call bank and inform regarding fee payment 2 working days prior to appointment and would be carrying debit card with me.

1. All five years P60

Thanks!
List looks fine. Don't forget the photocopies.Good Luck.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

GenX

Post by GenX » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:56 pm

Looks fine...all the best

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:12 pm

As per my knowledge it"s better to take at least 1 yr bank statement if you are on tier-1(gen) .
Don"t know abt tier-2 but it is advisable that you take 1 yr statment

Thanks
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:30 pm

[quote="GenX"]Looks fine...all the best[/quote] Thanks!

dk2011

Re: Document checklist Route: WP + TIER 2

Post by dk2011 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:32 pm

[quote="Kevin24"][quote="dk2011"]Hi,

8. Work permit

1. All five years P60

Thanks![/quote]

List looks fine. Don't forget the photocopies.Good Luck.[/quote]

Thanks Kevin ! I have got one more query regarding how to fill reason for abscence .
I'm filling it like below.
PAID ANNUAL LEAVE/FAMILY VISIT.
Is that ok ?

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:34 pm

[quote="loveworld"]As per my knowledge it"s better to take at least 1 yr bank statement if you are on tier-1(gen) .
Don"t know abt tier-2 but it is advisable that you take 1 yr statment

Thanks[/quote]

Thanks! For tier 2 it is the most recent statement which is required. But i'll keep last one year statement and salary/slip.

amricu
Newly Registered

Post by amricu » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:28 pm

dk2011,

what type of Tier2 you are on ? is it tier2 (ICT?),if so ,i came across that , you will need to make sure you are not falling into the following limitation that your Tier2 ICT needs to be placed before 6 april 2010.

pkv
Newly Registered

Post by pkv » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi dk2011,

I was wondering what's the point in carrying the work permit document while you have the work permit already stamped in your passport.

By the way, did you notice the below in section 11P of the form SET(O) in page number 53, 5th check box basically,

"If you were a work permit holder, documents confirming that you were in the employment for which a work permit was issued throughout the period concerned"

Did you carry an employer letter confirming your employment for the period you were in WP or payslips /bank statements etc to evidence your employment? I don't think the WP document can be shown as an evidence in this case?

Thanks,
PKV

Ishwarch

Post by Ishwarch » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:50 am

No need to carry WP documents, but for backup keep it in a seperate folder. CW will not ask.

Keep it simple and make folder with label, helps them to complete your application quickly.

I got ILR through WP+Tier 2 ICT. I had given the following.

1. Set(O) (1 Folder)
2. UKBA payment confirmation letter + BRP Card +Photos (2)+ Passport (2 Folder)
3. Employer Letter (SOC code, Annual Salary, Continuity in the employement and paid above the Tier 2 and absence listing) I had 165 days single absence in India (working in offshore). (3rd folder)
3. Life in UK test result (3rd folder)
4. Salary Slip + Bank Statements (6 Months each) (4th folder)
5. Address Proof (i.e. Council tax or any utility bill etc) (5th folder)

got my ILR without any hassle.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:31 am

[quote="pkv"]Hi dk2011,

I was wondering what's the point in carrying the work permit document while you have the work permit already stamped in your passport.

By the way, did you notice the below in section 11P of the form SET(O) in page number 53, 5th check box basically,

"If you were a work permit holder, documents confirming that you were in the employment for which a work permit was issued throughout the period concerned"

Did you carry an employer letter confirming your employment for the period you were in WP or payslips /bank statements etc to evidence your employment? I don't think the WP document can be shown as an evidence in this case?

Thanks,
PKV[/quote]
Ishwarch had answered all your queries. I included WP as couple of people mentioned it. You can exclude as suggested but carry it alongwith you just in case it is required.

pkv
Newly Registered

Post by pkv » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:48 am

Many thanks Ishwarch & dk2011.

Ishwarch: Please would you confirm that you did not submit employer document, payslips, bank statements etc to confirm you were employed during the period you were in WP, which was before you got Tier 2.

Ishwarch

Post by Ishwarch » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:35 pm

I took a employer letter states the following -
1. I am employed with company --> Start Date
2. Job Title
3. Annual Salary
4. SOC code and says I am paid above Tier 2 salary requirement
5. absence out of UK with reason.

Payslip I carried --> last 6 months only. I took 12 months but submitted only latest 6 months.
Bank Statement --> last 6 months only. I took 12 months but submitted only latest 6 months.

One more thing I missed in my previous post is - P60, I carried 3 P60, 1 year was missing, no questions asked.
My Employer letters were as below

To Whomsoever It May Concern

This is to certify that <<Your Name>> (Emp# <<Emp No.>>), is a permanent employee of <<Company Name>> since <<Start date of employement>>.

<<Your Name>> is working with us as <<Designation>> in United Kingdom on a long term assignment effective from <<Start Date of UK assignment>>.

As per Company records the current designation of <<Your Name>> is <<Designation>>. His current gross salary is <<Salary>> GBP per annum. He will continue to remain employed with us in the
foreseeable future

The Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code for the employee is <<New SOC Code>>.

TO WHOMEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that <<Your Name >> (Employee No. # <<xxxx>>) is an employee of <<Company Name>> since <<Date of joining>>.
<<Your Name>> is working with us as <<Designation>> in United Kingdom on a long term assignment effective from <<Date of assignment Start>>.

<<Your Name>> was absent from the United Kingdom during the year 2007 – 2013 for the following dates;

Start Date End Date Countries visited Days Reason
09/12/2008 11/01/2009 India 34 Annual Leave
14/05/2009 18/05/2009 Switzerland 5 Annual Leave
26/07/2009 03/08/2009 India 9 Annual Leave
04/08/2009 05/01/2010 India 154 Offshore project Work
10/07/2011 23/07/2011 India 14 Annual Leave
23/10/2011 08/11/2011 India 16 Annual Leave

Due to our business commitments, we requested <<Your Name>> to work in India from August 04, 2009 to January 05, 2010. <<Your Name>> was responsible for an important project at Wipro’s office in India.

This letter is issued at the request of employee and cannot be used as a detailed experience letter.

If you have any queries, please get in touch with us at <<contact number>> or email at <<HR/company Email ID>>

You can combine both the letters into one letter

pkv
Newly Registered

Post by pkv » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:28 pm

Thanks again Ishwarch.

One last thing is regarding your absences which was well within the allowed 180 days per 12 months continous period. Mine is similiar as yours. So is it mandatory to submit an employer letter in this case? I have only the pay slips & bank statements for periods of absence.

Ishwarch

Post by Ishwarch » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:46 am

pkv wrote:Thanks again Ishwarch.

One last thing is regarding your absences which was well within the allowed 180 days per 12 months continous period. Mine is similiar as yours. So is it mandatory to submit an employer letter in this case? I have only the pay slips & bank statements for periods of absence.
@ PVK - It is mandatory to show employer letter, if you absence are employment/Annual Leave (Holidays) related.