ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need help about booking a wedding

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Kayleigh
Newly Registered

I need help about booking a wedding

Post by Kayleigh » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:24 pm

My Fiance was removed from the UK, there is a post up already with the story as to why he was removed posted by nannybear.

What i want to no is although he is in Uganda can i still go ahead and book a wedding date at the registers office without him there. As i have been told i can not do this, if this is the case how do i go about booking a wedding date as the british embassy wants to see proof that a wedding has been booked?

Thank you for taking the time to read

Kayleigh

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:06 am

You are both required to give notice of intention to marry in person if you are planing to marry in the UK.

Also, your fiance must come to the UK on a marriage visa otherwise he will require a COA when giving notice to marry in the UK.

Can't you get married in Uganda and apply for a spouse settlement visa from there?

Kayleigh
Newly Registered

Post by Kayleigh » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:04 pm

Thank you for your reply, could you tell me what COA means please.