ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Days out of country question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Days out of country question

Post by mtuckersa » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:39 pm

A company can only confirm the days you are out of country on business, how can a company confirm the days you were out of country on holiday. They don't know when and where you are going on holiday, you may be going locally or overseas, I cant see how they can confirm holidays overseas. Only thing they can confirm is that you took annual leave. I would say its then up to the individual to prove they went overseas on holiday not the company.
Keep it simple!

leicester_boy
Mood:

Re: Days out of country question

Post by leicester_boy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Hi ya,

yes I agree with you. please see below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=139345

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A company can only confirm the days you are out of country on business, how can a company confirm the days you were out of country on holiday. They don't know when and where you are going on holiday, you may be going locally or overseas, I cant see how they can confirm holidays overseas. Only thing they can confirm is that you took annual leave. I would say its then up to the individual to prove they went overseas on holiday not the company.[/quote]

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:33 am

Agree, the employer cannot possibly know whether you were out of the UK or not during your annual leave - or for that matter what you were doing on your weekends.