ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation after ILR (14 year rule)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hopeful2

Naturalisation after ILR (14 year rule)

Post by Hopeful2 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:36 pm

After receiving ILR through 14 year rule do I really have to wait 5 years before I can naturalise? I would appreciate it if someone could give me advise.

ladyinuk
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation after ILR (14 year rule)

Post by ladyinuk » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:19 am

Hopeful2 wrote:After receiving ILR through 14 year rule do I really have to wait 5 years before I can naturalise? I would appreciate it if someone could give me advise.
YES!!!! If you apply early you WILL NOT be Approved, you cannot appeal their lawful decision & you will loose £800+ of your hard earned cash for nothing.
Just be patient, you've survived the hardest part!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:40 am

It depends, it's discretionary,they do allow some people after 12 months but its a risk.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

HelenaTores
Newly Registered

Post by HelenaTores » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:42 pm

I didn't wait 5 years and got it. I would've applied straight after ILR but had unspent conviction, well still do.

HelenaTores
Newly Registered

Post by HelenaTores » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:23 am

For those asking, here is my background in short: Student first then asylum claim that got refused, went underground, got married to BC, applied for leave, got refused, got detained in immigration removal prison, finally was granted ILR outside the rules. ILR since 2009, so NO, I wasn't legal in the last 5 years. You can apply next day after receiving ILR via Legacy, do google search on the subject, good lawyers know.

PS. In the country since 1995.

Good luck.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:48 am

Legacy cases are different as there is a specific reference in the caseworker guide:
guide wrote:

•an application for asylum or leave to remain was refused but, the application was reconsidered and ILR was granted outside the Rules – in this case, we may overlook any period of breach from the date the original (unsuccessful) application was made.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.