ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK or English Language Test Plz Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jimz
BANNED

Life in UK or English Language Test Plz Help

Post by jimz » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:24 am

Hi Friends!

Following is my timeline:-

1-I am an EU National
2-having permanent Residence in UK
3-being in full time job.

Now i want to apply for Naturalization

I have bought LIFE IN UK BOOKS published by the Home office.

Would you please let me know if i have to do English Language Esol or IELTS Separate and LIFE IN UK Separately in order to apply for British Naturalization?

I know Life in UK is Must but do i have to do English Language test as a must thing too?

I am confused please help me!!!!

Regards.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:00 am

Life in the UK is enough if you apply before 28 October (new rules come in then).

jimz
BANNED

Post by jimz » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:10 pm

so i do not need any english language test if i complete life in UK?

Would you please send me any information about how & where to book the life in UK test and how much is the fee?

Regards

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:53 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

jimz
BANNED

thanks sheraz

Post by jimz » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Thanks Sheraz i appreciate your help.

Would you please tell me how long they take to give the results of life in uk test?

once i get the result ...what is the nest step ?

shall i go to the council office with my papers where they do the checking after taking some fee i am not wrong

i would really appreciate if you just explain step by step here for me.
i am sure many people would be benefited .

regards.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: thanks sheraz

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:04 pm

jimz wrote:Thanks Sheraz i appreciate your help.

Would you please tell me how long they take to give the results of life in uk test?

once i get the result ...what is the nest step ?

shall i go to the council office with my papers where they do the checking after taking some fee i am not wrong

i would really appreciate if you just explain step by step here for me.
i am sure many people would be benefited .

regards.

You should be able to book a test within 28 days from today and will not have to wait longer than 56 days. At the end of your test session, you will get a results letter. This will tell you if you have passed or not.
If you are talking about UKBA settlement checking service (SCS) then i believe its only for SET (M) form.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

jimz
BANNED

hello sheraz

Post by jimz » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:08 pm

Sheraz your answer is not very clear to me as i am confused

Here is my timeline:-

I am EU National
Having Indefinite leave to remain
having permanent job
resided in UK for the past 6 years

now after doing Life in UK Test

What is the next step ...

I want to apply for British Nationality

So Please can you write clearly step by step how to apply for British NATIONALITY

Your clear answer will help out so many people
Regards.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:57 pm

Moved to correct forum section.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Re: Life in UK or English Language Test Plz Help

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:42 pm

jimz wrote:Hi Friends!

Following is my timeline:-

1-I am an EU National
2-having permanent Residence in UK
3-being in full time job.

Now i want to apply for Naturalization

I have bought LIFE IN UK BOOKS published by the Home office.

Would you please let me know if i have to do English Language Esol or IELTS Separate and LIFE IN UK Separately in order to apply for British Naturalization?

I know Life in UK is Must but do i have to do English Language test as a must thing too?

I am confused please help me!!!!

Regards.
If you apply before 28th october, then you only need Life in the UK test. You will receive the results of the test in 5-10 minutes after the end of test. Book the test here http://lifeintheuktest.ukba.homeoffice. ... ng_10.html

After you have done this, you fill up this form
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... orm_an.pdf

If you have PR (Permanent Residence) sticker in your passport, and its one year or more old then totally ignore sections 2.4, 2.5 & 2.6.

In section 1.3, put down the date your PR sticker was issued.

You should also fill out this form to pay the fee (£874 at the moment)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... y-fees.pdf

You can apply through NCS, they will make copies of your passport and you will get to keep your passport while your application is decided. NCS will charge a fee for this service, typically aound £50.

jimz
BANNED

Thanks Ayyubi72

Post by jimz » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:16 am

Ayyubi72

1-Being an EU National i have already spent 6 Years in UK
2-I have been throughout in the same employment for total 6 Years
3-I am still working with the same company

My Permanent RC (Document certifying the permanent Residence) was issued only Last Month but as i said i have already spent 6 Years in UK in Full Time Employment.

When i applied for the ''Permanent RC (Document certifying the permanent Residence'' i sent my p60s+Bank Statement+wages Slips covering all the 6 Years right from the beginning .

So in my case do i have to wait for whole one year having ''Permanent RC (Document certifying the permanent Residence'' or i can just apply right now?

I am sure many people would appreciate your help.

Kind Regards.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Thanks Ayyubi72

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:29 am

jimz wrote:Ayyubi72

1-Being an EU National i have already spent 6 Years in UK
2-I have been throughout in the same employment for total 6 Years
3-I am still working with the same company

My Permanent RC (Document certifying the permanent Residence) was issued only Last Month but as i said i have already spent 6 Years in UK in Full Time Employment.

When i applied for the ''Permanent RC (Document certifying the permanent Residence'' i sent my p60s+Bank Statement+wages Slips covering all the 6 Years right from the beginning .

So in my case do i have to wait for whole one year having ''Permanent RC (Document certifying the permanent Residence'' or i can just apply right now?

I am sure many people would appreciate your help.

Kind Regards.

Have you read the FAQ before posting?

See Q1 & Q5 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.

jimz
BANNED

JAMBO

Post by jimz » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:09 am

jambo i have tried reading F&Qs but got confused so thats why i am asking you these questions to help me out please.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Thanks Ayyubi72

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:26 am

Not sure why you are confused:
jimz wrote:So in my case do i have to wait for whole one year having ''Permanent RC (Document certifying the permanent Residence'' or i can just apply right now?
Q5 in the FAQ clearly states you have two options. Choose the one you wish.

jimz
BANNED

Post by jimz » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:33 am

come on jambo considering my situation as i have explained what is best for me ..i mean can i apply for british naturalization without waiting for another whole one year?

this is my question so please help me

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:40 am

Read the FAQ again and again, its all there in black and white and in plain english. Jambo has answered your query already, and you are asking the same thing again.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:34 am

jimz wrote:come on jambo considering my situation as i have explained what is best for me ..i mean can i apply for british naturalization without waiting for another whole one year?

this is my question so please help me
Yes.

The FAQ clearly says
If you hold a PR Confirmation for less than 1 year but have lived in the UK for 6 years, you can apply using option (1). The PR confirmation can only be used if you apply 1 year after the issue date.

Option (1) says
You will need to provide proof of the 5 years (similar to what is needed in EEA3/EEA4 application). Form AN has a specific section (Q2.4-2.6) for such application.

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:40 am

I don't understand how someone can want to be a British citizen when they can't seem to be able to understand plain English. I understand why the UKBA have decided to make the language requirements for naturalisation and ILR more difficult.

jimz
BANNED

Post by jimz » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:09 pm

MR.ASTRID

You dont have to be that sarcastic, learn to be polite with a LADY

When £850 are involved and given the matter is kinda sensitive people tend to double check and be extra careful,its not about not familiar with english language...

If it was all about only english language, there wouldnt be solicitors or even this forum

Some questions are asked intentionally so that masses will get the right kind of information.

I hope you understand now.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:53 pm

Masses of this country are not remotely interested. Masses want an end to immigration and foreigners becoming British Citizen. If you really care about the masses, then please leave UK as soon as possible. :wink:

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:56 pm

Astrid24 wrote:I don't understand how someone can want to be a British citizen when they can't seem to be able to understand plain English. I understand why the UKBA have decided to make the language requirements for naturalisation and ILR more difficult.
I think psychometric testing should be introduced for settlement and citizenship. :lol:

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:06 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Masses of this country are not remotely interested. Masses want an end to immigration and foreigners becoming British Citizen. If you really care about the masses, then please leave UK as soon as possible. :wink:
I'll give you the benefit that this may be intended as a joke, but comments like this aren't acceptable on the forum,

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:
Astrid24 wrote:I don't understand how someone can want to be a British citizen when they can't seem to be able to understand plain English. I understand why the UKBA have decided to make the language requirements for naturalisation and ILR more difficult.
I think psychometric testing should be introduced for settlement and citizenship. :lol:
I can see that you failed yourself one of the first rule to be Naturalised as a British Citizen or may be you forgot one of the principles was to be tolerable to others.

I have been following a couple of your comments on several threads, of which the majority are classed as Rude and Sarcastic..

Rule of Thumb, if you are not willing to provide advice and help to others then No Need to be RUDE
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

jimz
BANNED

Post by jimz » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:21 pm

i belong here .
Last edited by jimz on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimz
BANNED

Post by jimz » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:28 pm

Peterpan81 & Casa
Last edited by jimz on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:55 pm

jimz wrote:MR.ASTRID

You dont have to be that sarcastic, learn to be polite with a LADY

When £850 are involved and given the matter is kinda sensitive people tend to double check and be extra careful,its not about not familiar with english language...

If it was all about only english language, there wouldnt be solicitors or even this forum

Some questions are asked intentionally so that masses will get the right kind of information.

I hope you understand now.
Actually I myself am a lady.

And please calm down. Your questions were answered numerous times in the thread with Ayyubi even going out of his way to provide links to the relevant information as well as telling you how to fill them. plus Jambo provided quotations. I don't know what more information you needed or what you couldn't understand, which was why I assumed you were not fluent in understanding English. If I am wrong I sincerely apologise.

Now, regarding your recent post, you are upset over people making allegedly dearly beloved comments yet your post seems the most dearly beloved in the thread. I understand Ayyubi's post was inappropriate but it was in jest wheras yours is very serious. You telling people to go back to 'slums' is dearly beloved. And saying that British citizenship is in the wrong hands is also dearly beloved. Who are you to make such remarks?

Also, I'm getting tired of people citing this 'tolerance' line. There was a lot of tolerance in the thread already with people telling the OP the answers to her questions REPEATEDLY.