ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application Counter Signatory Verification

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rdrp
Newly Registered

Passport Application Counter Signatory Verification

Post by rdrp » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:58 pm

I recently applied for passports (after naturlization) for myself, wife and my child and used same person for counter signing all 3 applications.

This morning my counter signatory received a letter from HMPO to his workplace regarding my son's application asking him to confirm in a company letter head that he has indeed countersigned my son's passport application and also verify my son's details.

Is this normal? Can someone else tell me if they have gone thru this process? I thought a child's passport application must be quick and straigh forward. Not sure why they have contacted the counter signatory.
Last edited by rdrp on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

cricinfo

Re: Passport Counter Signatory Verification

Post by cricinfo » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:22 pm

rdrp wrote:I recently applied for passports (after naturlization) for myself, wife and my child and used same person for counter signing all 3 applications.

This morning my counter signatory received a letter from HMPO to his workplace regarding my son's application asking him to confirm in a company letter head that he has indeed countersigned my son's passport application and also verify my son's details.

Is this normal? Can someone else tell me if they have gone thru this process? I thought a child's passport application must be quick and straigh forward. Not sure why they have contacted the counter signatory.
This is normal process so you don't need to worry about. My counter signatory received letter for my passport application and they asked the same thing. Recently one of my friend's son's application was verified from his counter signatory. He has received his passport now without any issue.

rdrp
Newly Registered

Post by rdrp » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:09 am

cricinfo wrote:
rdrp wrote:I recently applied for passports (after naturlization) for myself, wife and my child and used same person for counter signing all 3 applications.

This is normal process so you don't need to worry about. My counter signatory received letter for my passport application and they asked the same thing. Recently one of my friend's son's application was verified from his counter signatory. He has received his passport now without any issue.
Thanks. Is this a random process? I and my wife applied at the same time as well but my counter signatory received this verification letter only on my son's application. Does this mean that our application hasn't been subjected to this process?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:46 am

May I say, why stress yourselves about the processes of passport office?

You have paid them the fees, let them take all the headache. Let them make whatever enquiries they want to make.

Why do you worry and research their way of working. Why do you take their headache. The people working at passport office get paid to worry about all these things, let them do what they want to do.

The best thing to do after passport application is, take a chill pill. :lol:

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:34 am

rdrp wrote:
cricinfo wrote:

Thanks. Is this a random process? I and my wife applied at the same time as well but my counter signatory received this verification letter only on my son's application. Does this mean that our application hasn't been subjected to this process?
Yes. It's a random process. In my friend's case he and his son applied together and his counter signatory only received letter for his son.

bansal82
Newly Registered

Re: Passport Application Counter Signatory Verification

Post by bansal82 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:36 am

I have been advised that letter has been sent to counter signatory's work address, but he has not received any letter, can you please confirm what all needs to be included in reply for that letter and at what address it needs to be sent? Many Thanks