ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage visa: Non salary employment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

snowboy3k
Newly Registered

Marriage visa: Non salary employment

Post by snowboy3k » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:54 am

Please, will like to get an advise regarding the marriage visa requirement, from my P60 my gross income is 16660, and at the moment am during more overtime to make it up, after the calculation i do, it wont be up to 18600 before i apply for the visa, the new gross income will be about 17200 roughing, in another hand, i got a new job am doing right now and will be two months on the new job before applying. am combining/ doing both job together. now will like to ask if i can combined both jobs payslips together and on what cat will both of them fall into, thats one year payslip from my current job and two months payslips from my new job adding both will be about 19000. will that be okay or will it count to combined both of them together..

another I have my self employment, in which i have fill in the tax return online and get some dues to pay for my tax and NI, what documents do i need for self employment if am going to used it..

looking forward for your reply thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:03 am

If you can avoid self employed you should as the evidence is convoluted and when combining it with salaried income can be tricky.

You can combine your two jobs, there will be two tests, 1. Your current annual salaries are indicated as meeting the required level and 2. In the last 12 months your gross income meets or exceeds the threshold required. If you only do not meet the financial requirement when applying your application will be placed on hold due to a recent High Court case.

You need to meet the specified evidence as per 5.6 on Annex FM (click).

To use your 6 months + as Cat A, what is the lowest Gross monthly wage slip in the last 6 months?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

snowboy3k
Newly Registered

Post by snowboy3k » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:30 am

Please can you explain more on why or how self employed is convoluted and when combining it with salaried income. reading from the Annex it looks to be easy but going through many post online its seem to be the most hard one.

my P60 is 16660 as of April 12 to April 13. at the moment am doing more overtime in which by ending of August my gross income will be roughing 17200. have a storage of 1400. on combing the two jobs my one year gross income and my two months new job on what cat do i fall?

how will it be count when combining two job: one is more than one year and the other is just two months which is less than 6 months.
To use your 6 months + as Cat A, what is the lowest Gross monthly wage slip in the last 6 months?

I dont seem to understand on what you mean there, lowest gross monthly wage slip in the last 6 months.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:30 am

You could apply as varied income under Cat B. You need to satisfy two tests, 1. your annual income meets the requirements and in the last 12 months you gross salary from all salaried income has equalled or exceeded the threshold.

The self-employed can be more complex when combining with Cat A and B as you must look at the 'relevant financial year'.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:51 am

snowboy3k wrote:
will like to ask if any one have been successful in using self employment in submitting of his or her ILR vise and what are the requirement in using it.

I have a job, been working there for 1 year plus now but my income before tax is 16600 pound and also i have a self employment i have been doing fr one year now, have my tax return and statement of self employment account, will like to know the details of requirement needed for it if am to combine both jobs together in submitting my visa

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:52 am

Confirm whether you are applying for a spouse visa or ilr?

snowboy3k
Newly Registered

Post by snowboy3k » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:11 am

Applying for spouse visa

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:14 am

Then I have already answered your question. Please clarify what you do not understand.

snowboy3k
Newly Registered

Post by snowboy3k » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:36 pm

Meet an immigration solicitor today and explain to him about having two jobs, one is more than a year and the other just three months but he turn out and say I can't combine both jobs together because the second job haven't been upto six months, so I will like to ask if he is correct on that.

My first job income before tax is £16969.67 and the other is 1760.56. Will I be able to combine or used both jobs to apply or will the immigration count the 2nd job out because is not upto six months yet

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:19 pm

The principal question is, how much have you actually earned in the last 12 months if you add all your wage slips up?
Last edited by Amber on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

snowboy3k
Newly Registered

Post by snowboy3k » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:36 pm

Adding all my wage slip, the total will be £16969.34

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:34 am

Are both the earnings, salaried or non salaried?

snowboy3k
Newly Registered

Post by snowboy3k » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:12 am

Both of them are non salary employment, been paid hourly

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:16 am

In the last 6 months what is the total you have earned? Add all the wage slips up for both jobs. And check what you have earned over the last 12 months again as that figure doesn't seem to be right as you have stated you earned that figure from job 1, include job 2's wage slips too.

snowboy3k
Newly Registered

Post by snowboy3k » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:33 pm

the total figure i gave was my 1st job for the last 12 months which is £16969.34, adding both 1st and 2nd job together (£16969.34 + £1759.56) it will sum up to £18728.9

In the last 6 months the total amount i have earned is as follow: (1134.41 + 1530.64 + 1168.20+ 1100.96 + 2262.38 + 1338.24) + ( 520.56 +620 + 619) = £10294.39

Again will like to ask if money be paid by cash in hand, will it be count? didnt pay the money into my account just spend it on bills and personal uses

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:12 pm

Ok so for non salaried cat b,

Test 1, amount earned in last 6 months / 6 * 12 must meet requirement, so, £10294.39/6 * 12 = £20588.78, that exceeds the requirements so ok,

Test 2, have actually earned the required amount in last 12 months, £18728.90 earned, so both tests satisfied, albeit just.

Now you meet the required earnings but the next step is the specified evidence. The gross amount of any cash income may be used in meeting the financial requirement, where the correct tax has been paid on that income and where all the relevant evidential requirements in Appendix FM-SE are met. This would lead to say that the cash (I assume from job no.2? confirm) must be paid into an account even only for 2 minutes, in order for you to have the evidence.

So now we'll have to look at cat A again, so for job 1 (6 months +) tell me how much exactly you've earned in the last 6 months Gross?

snowboy3k
Newly Registered

Post by snowboy3k » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:19 pm

Alright thanks for the information I really appreciated your time, i have all the evidence required.

will like to know if you know any immigration solicitor that will help me fill in and submit the application, I live in sunderland

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:23 pm

So long as neither of those jobs is cash in hand ( where you don't put it in the bank) you should be applying under cat B, non salaried income and should be able to do it on your own. You'll need all 12 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements and the other specified evidence.

Mr_Q
Newly Registered

Post by Mr_Q » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:44 pm

I am applying under Cat A with 2 jobs.

First job is salaried and second is cash but paid in and pay slips show tax paid as well.

Have been with both employers over 6 months and in the last six months the total gross I have been paid with both jobs is £9500 and it is on bank statements too.

Can you advise if this is fine?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:02 am

Mr_Q Please continue in your other thread

snowboy3k
Newly Registered

Post by snowboy3k » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:16 am

Hello

First we like to thank everyone here mostly Amber.

Applied for my visa: 4 OCT
Rev on: 7 Oct
Biometric on: 9 oct
Do the bio on: 11 oct
Waiting.....
Got my Card on 6 nov
Approved on 5 nov
30 months visa

Please will like to ask, can someone used spouse visa to travel to other countries without applying for a visa, like going for holiday in any Europe countries.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Congratulations. Regarding travel to other countries, if your wife required a visa before being granted her spouse visa, she will continue to need one.
The requirement will remain until she is granted British Citizenship. For European countries in the Schengen agreement she can apply for a Schengen visa, which should be issued free of charge.

snowboy3k
Newly Registered

Re: Marriage visa: Non salary employment

Post by snowboy3k » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:04 am

hello

Will like to ask about extension of spouse visa after the first 30 months period FLR(M). will like to get info about the FLR(O) visa, I have a daughter with my wife here, when applying for the extension, do i need to provide the saving for me and the child or just me, and or need to need to provide an income of £18660 or £22,400? the child was born here and her mother is a Uk citizen by birth.

How much income do I need to have when applying for the extension? and also will like to know the requirement, ist the same as the FLR(M).

Thanks

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:31 pm

From your posts, it seems you would need to apply for FLR (m) not (o).
If your child is a British Citizen then you only need to be earning 18,600.

snowboy3k
Newly Registered

Post by snowboy3k » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:37 pm

I have applied for FLR(M) before, I'm still on it now, just want to know about the FLR(O) extension, to start the preparation on time, I'm from Nigeria and my wife is from uk and we live together now here in uk, me being a Nigerian does that make my child to be a Nigerian or uk citizen beside she was born here in uk too.

Thanks