ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation (Electoral Registration)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ishivji
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Naturalisation (Electoral Registration)

Post by ishivji » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:46 am

Hi there,

I have a two simple questions.

1. Do I need to register on Electoral before applying for Naturalisation and

2. Last time when my passport was expired I didn't renew it on time and there is a gap of one year so would it be a issue when applying and do I need any additional document to support my application?

Any help will be highly Appreciated.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: Naturalisation (Electoral Registration)

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:48 am

ishivji wrote:Hi there,

2. Last time when my passport was expired I didn't renew it on time and there is a gap of one year so would it be a issue when applying and do I need any additional document to support my application?

Thanks
What is your current nationality?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ishivji
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ishivji » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Pakistani
D4109125 wrote:

Thanks
What is your current nationality?

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:15 pm

Thanks
I was in a similar situation except I was waiting for COA and Home Office had my docs couldn't renew my expired passport

They are very specific interms of what they want as proof that u were here stuff like payslips and end of year tax statements, college school uni letters confirming attendance (not Cas or acceptance or enrolment letters) they won't accept bank statements and other letters for qualifying residence period as a last resort they might accept letters from GP confirming the dates you visited them

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:26 am

If you are a Pakistani national then, by law, you should register on the electoral roll.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:27 am

D4109125 wrote:If you are a Pakistani national then, by law, you should register on the electoral roll.
This is a new one for me

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:15 am

Haven't heard of any law saying you have to be registered on electoral register.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:18 am

Pakistan is a qualifying Commonwealth Country thus you are required by law to register.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:12 am

D4109125 wrote:Pakistan is a qualifying Commonwealth Country thus you are required by law to register.
I have applied for Nat. But I have never been on electoral role or casted vote. Will this cause any issue?

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:22 am

njoy1987 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:Pakistan is a qualifying Commonwealth Country thus you are required by law to register.
I have applied for Nat. But I have never been on electoral role or casted vote. Will this cause any issue?
It wouldn't affect your application but like D4109125 said you are required by law to register so sooner you do is better. You can be fined for not registering for electoral if you are eligible to do so.

ishivji
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ishivji » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:16 pm

What if I get a letter from the Embassy to support my application?
njoy1987 wrote:

Thanks
I was in a similar situation except I was waiting for COA and Home Office had my docs couldn't renew my expired passport

They are very specific interms of what they want as proof that u were here stuff like payslips and end of year tax statements, college school uni letters confirming attendance (not Cas or acceptance or enrolment letters) they won't accept bank statements and other letters for qualifying residence period as a last resort they might accept letters from GP confirming the dates you visited them