ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Primary school admission for a British citizen on OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

funny009
Newly Registered

Primary school admission for a British citizen on OCI

Post by funny009 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:18 am

Hello friends,

just wondering if I could get some professional advise on the issue I am facing at present.

we have recently travelled to India. me, my wife and 3 kids are all british citizen and are on OCI. my son is 6 years old and we are thinking of settling here in india but are facing trouble in getting him admitted to the school as his birth certificate is from uk.

just wodenring if you could please advise me as what shall I do with regards to his admission as what the procedure is and also whether he will be treated as general student or NRI quota.

your expert advise in this matter would be highly appreciated.

imranb

Re: Primary school admission for a British citizen on OCI

Post by imranb » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:54 am

funny009 wrote:Hello friends,

just wondering if I could get some professional advise on the issue I am facing at present.

we have recently travelled to India. me, my wife and 3 kids are all british citizen and are on OCI. my son is 6 years old and we are thinking of settling here in india but are facing trouble in getting him admitted to the school as his birth certificate is from uk.

just wodenring if you could please advise me as what shall I do with regards to his admission as what the procedure is and also whether he will be treated as general student or NRI quota.

your expert advise in this matter would be highly appreciated.
Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with your child's school admission. Can you please elaborate a bit more as to what objections the school is raising in admitting your child? Are they insisting that you get admitted in NRI quota with a hefty donation etc?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:14 am

There is no law in India that requires an OCI holder to pay premium fees. OCI holder gets equality with NRIs in respect of education. Now some schools treat NRIs as Foreigners, some treat NRIs as Resident Indians. So it varies from school to school. If it's a private school then if they wish they can charge higher fees from NRIs and Foreign citizens including OCI holders.

I don't think anyone can provide you specific advice here unless you provide specific details of the trouble you are facing in getting your son admitted in school.

You also need to bear in mind this is an immigration forum and your issue is not related to immigration so you may wish to consultant local advisors in India.