ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Acknowledgement with misspelled surname

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ananthahari

URGENT: Acknowledgement with misspelled surname

Post by ananthahari » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:12 am

Hi I have applied for naturalisation (MN1) through NCS. Recently I have received acknowledgement but my surname was misspelled(looks like typo). I have tried to contact them by phone but always goes for voice mail by directing to send any queries to "ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk"

I have dropped mail to them but no response from them. I'm little bit worrying that the error automatically may go in to all records and the same error may appear in approval letter also.

Is there any way to contact them to up date the same done by them.

cricinfo

Re: URGENT: Acknowledgement with misspelled surname

Post by cricinfo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:45 am

ananthahari wrote:Hi I have applied for naturalisation (MN1) through NCS. Recently I have received acknowledgement but my surname was misspelled(looks like typo). I have tried to contact them by phone but always goes for voice mail by directing to send any queries to "ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk"

I have dropped mail to them but no response from them. I'm little bit worrying that the error automatically may go in to all records and the same error may appear in approval letter also.

Send an email to NationalityProgress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

ananthahari

Post by ananthahari » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:09 pm

cricinfo wrote:
ananthahari wrote:Hi I have applied for naturalisation (MN1) through NCS. Recently I have received acknowledgement but my surname was misspelled(looks like typo). I have tried to contact them by phone but always goes for voice mail by directing to send any queries to "ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk"

Thanks a lot.

beebritish

Post by beebritish » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:21 pm

ananthahari wrote:
cricinfo wrote:

Thanks a lot.
Hi. We had the same issue, they misspelled my surname and I emailed them on the nationalityprogress email. They responded after 4 working days reasuring me that my name is correctly inserted into their data base and apologising for the mistake. Mind you, they misspelled my first name in their email response! So what to do, bunch of useless people. They also said they can't provide me with any info regarding our application as it's not been 6 months yet! I found a email from my local MP so will ask her to check again on our behalf, just in case! Hope this helps. Ta!