ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU resident card holder not allowed to travel to the UK?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shinwangeutreaty

EU resident card holder not allowed to travel to the UK?

Post by shinwangeutreaty » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:00 pm

I am British national been self emplyed working in Dublin since April 2013, my wife is Chinese in China.

We have been given a telecom interview on 18 June 2013 by Irish embassy Beijing after the appeal submitted in 24 June 2013. The visa officer informed us that my wife is not allowed to go to the UK when she is with EU residant card in future, due to she has got two UK visa refusal before. I don't understand why he had to tell this.

I can understand that the visa officer could not believe me that I am excercising EU treaty right in Dublin.

What kind of documents could be satisfied with the concern. I just got tax registration letter. I am living with my friend's shared house, just pay rental to my friend, who is like sublessor.

barnaby

Re: EU resident card holder not allowed to travel to the UK?

Post by barnaby » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:06 pm

shinwangeutreaty wrote:I am British national been self emplyed working in Dublin since April 2013, my wife is Chinese in China.

We have been given a telecom interview on 18 June 2013 by Irish embassy Beijing after the appeal submitted in 24 June 2013. The visa officer informed us that my wife is not allowed to go to the UK when she is with EU residant card in future, due to she has got two UK visa refusal before. I don't understand why he had to tell this.

I can understand that the visa officer could not believe me that I am excercising EU treaty right in Dublin.

What kind of documents could be satisfied with the concern. I just got tax registration letter. I am living with my friend's shared house, just pay rental to my friend, who is like sublessor.
Previously (http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=139213) you said she has had two visa refusals from Ireland. And how is 18 June 2013 after 24 June 2013? Basically it's not very clear what you're asking, even though I've read all your old posts!

shinwangeutreaty

Re: EU resident card holder not allowed to travel to the UK?

Post by shinwangeutreaty » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:41 am

barnaby wrote:
shinwangeutreaty wrote:I am British national been self emplyed working in Dublin since April 2013, my wife is Chinese in China.

Previously (http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=139213) you said she has had two visa refusals from Ireland. And how is 18 June 2013 after 24 June 2013? Basically it's not very clear what you're asking, even though I've read all your old posts!
Sorry it was 18 JULY 2013. We applied for the appeal after second refusal on 24 June 2013. The visa officers told me about my wife is not allowed to travel to the UK even she is with EU resident card in the future over the telephone interview. That's because she has got 2 UK refusal in 2012.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Are you a British citizen living and working in Ireland?

The Irish visa people will have no idea about UK entry requirements. Do not listen to them.

Focus just on entry of your spouse into Ireland.

shinwangeutreaty

Post by shinwangeutreaty » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:03 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Are you a British citizen living and working in Ireland?

The Irish visa people will have no idea about UK entry requirements. Do not listen to them.

Focus just on entry of your spouse into Ireland.
Thank you pal. Yes, I am a British citizen living and self employed working in Dublin.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:34 am

Apply for an EEA family permit when she is in Dublin?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.